D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
NEIL ARDLEY
HARMONY OF THE SPHERES
Given to me personally in 1978
I was helping a couple of college mates who were in a band , set up on stage in a hall in Buxton . We had an amp blow , and this guy at the bar asked if he could help. , he’d got some amps in his van ..Very kind man .. that man was Neil Ardley
As a footnote to my mate and his band . The base player sold me his Hofner Violin base Guitar for £10 so he could buy beer ..

Reactions: deggie

glenhb

Glenhb
Wammer
Feb 3, 2019
Doncaster
AKA
Glen Buddery
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think your first album is like your first car. You always remember it with fondness.
C0541A29-798A-439A-8AE3-C7C66F139DFF.jpeg
One of my favourite BB albums and a very underrated one as well.

Reactions: jkbmusic

glenhb

Glenhb
Wammer
Feb 3, 2019
Doncaster
AKA
Glen Buddery
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A couple of autographed Camel albums. I don't particularly collect autographs and I like to get them in person from the artist when I do obtain them. However I couldn't resist getting these when I saw them at a car boot sale for the princely sum of £1 each along with 4 other Camel LPs, two of which had the relevant tour programmes inside. -Bargain!!!
1661682729550.png

1661682772546.png

Lord Nitrogen

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Mar 31, 2006
Brighton. Not Hove.
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
1661699905713.png I remember liking the Beatles track Strawberry Fields but then this one arrived like a meteorite from outer space and genuinely changed the way I listened/reacted to music. Still does.

Reactions: jkbmusic

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a pristine copy of Amused to Death that I bought decades ago - still in its clear protective sleeving, never played. I suppose I really ought to enjoy it somewhen

The jewel of my collection, and something I will never part with, is this:

tempImagetlOVi1.jpg

tempImageUgct3N.png

Imogen Heap - Sparks special collector's box set. That teeny-tiny footprint in the middle of the second image? That's mine! Everyone who committed to buying this box was asked to create a poster-print impression of their foot and send it off, it was then printed on the individual (named) card placed inside the cover. So it's as personalised as it can be really. Plus it's a super-cool thing anyway with all the individual CDs of each album track (mixes, versions, commentaries, 24/96 versions in some cases), the 10" vinyl plus a beautiful book all about the story of Sparks, the inspiration and creation. Oh, and (randomly) a pack of playing cards - no idea why.

Sadly I wasn't one of the first 50 (?) to put down the deposit so I didn't get to meet Immi, but I'm still hopeful of cashing in the "attend a sound check at one of her shows" voucher

Monitor Gold Ten

Basking in the warm glow of Electron Tubes.
Wammer
Aug 6, 2012
Catfield
AKA
Stu
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What is your most prized record of your collection? Mine is the Beatles In Mono Box Set it would cost a lot of money for me to part with it. However if it were signed by Paul and Ringo I'd never let it go. Are there some records you would never part with?
My Late Grandfather's record collection. Was an introduction to Rachmaninov, Holst and Grieg!

Reactions: Jules_S and AntA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles