john lennon ... get over it!!!

B

batman

Guest
... jeez fresh from my rant on the kaisers and then this ... 25 yrs ago ...musically overrated ,head up his own arse ... discuss

 
G

Guest

Guest
Strange how alot of people label Lennon and Macca geniuses but apart from the odd bit of solo brilliance they missed the target more times than they hit it imho. Only togetherdid they really function and that comes acrosseven with the later bickering that tore them apart. With Lennon's solo work they after Imagine he should have shut the lid on the piano and called it a day. He was never going to top that one

 
B

batman

Guest
hifiwigwam wrote:

ok all true. but where would we be without them.:Not Sure:
not sure boss , but sure as hell know music would,nt have ground to halt like everyone seems to think . lets not forget rock,n,roll was well established by the time of the beatles if it wasn,t them next it would have been someone else to fill the gap... always thought the early stones had far more about them...

 

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
24,223
1,358
208
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hugely influential. Just think, without the Beatles we might never have got Oasis.....

.....bastards!
angry_smile.gif.8c0f636dd68eb7da5c2577e161ee9e27.gif


 

Miller-8

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
2,802
181
93
Midlothian, UK
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
batman wrote:

hifiwigwam wrote:
ok all true. but where would we be without them.:Not Sure:
not sure boss , but sure as hell know music would,nt have ground to halt like everyone seems to think . lets not forget rock,n,roll was well established by the time of the beatles if it wasn,t them next it would have been someone else to fill the gap... always thought the early stones had far more about them...
Yeah I do like the early Stones, my favourite Stones album is Out Of Our Heads (US version) from 1965

 

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
9,074
15
0
hifiwigwam wrote:

ok all true. but where would we be without them.:Not Sure:
Er, would we be any worse off? Sgt Pepper? Music hall album...

Nah, The Beatles never did it for me, and as for "Imagine" - hypocritical hippy tosh from a man who had a floor of a building just for his fur coats: "Imagine no possessions", I don't think he could...

And Oasis is the clincher: imagine no Oasis, it's easy if you try...

Boxer

 

Miller-8

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
2,802
181
93
Midlothian, UK
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
boxer wrote:

hifiwigwam wrote:
ok all true. but where would we be without them.:Not Sure:
Er, would we be any worse off? Sgt Pepper? Music hall album...

Nah, The Beatles never did it for me, and as for "Imagine" - hypocritical hippy tosh from a man who had a floor of a building just for his fur coats: "Imagine no possessions", I don't think he could...

And Oasis is the clincher: imagine no Oasis, it's easy if you try...

Boxer
:lmao:

 
E

earl of sodbury

Guest
[cabbie] Why, when he could have had any bird he tipped his hat to, did he marry that minging, talentless, smug, self-absorbed cunt Yoko Ono? Have you got any idea how hard it is to find a Japanese woman quite that butt-ugly (apart from the Ainu of course...); she has a face somewhere between a badly-slapped arse anda burglar's bulldog licking piss off a nettle...

Christ what a cunt, should of been shot years earlier... [/cabbie]

 

snapper

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
402
0
31
, ,
earl of sodbury wrote:

[cabbie] Why, when he could have had any bird he tipped his hat to, did he marry that minging, talentless, smug, self-absorbed C**t Yoko Ono?   Have you got any idea how hard it is to find a Japanese woman quite that butt-ugly (apart from the Ainu of course...); she has a face somewhere between a badly-slapped arse and a burglar's bulldog licking piss off a nettle...Christ what a C**t, should of been shot years earlier...  [/cabbie]
I take it you know her personally

 
E

earl of sodbury

Guest
snapper wrote:

earl of sodbury wrote:
[cabbie] Why, when he could have had any bird he tipped his hat to, did he marry that minging, talentless, smug, self-absorbed C**t Yoko Ono? Have you got any idea how hard it is to find a Japanese woman quite that butt-ugly (apart from the Ainu of course...); she has a face somewhere between a badly-slapped arse anda burglar's bulldog licking piss off a nettle...Christ what a C**t, should of been shot years earlier... [/cabbie]
I take it you know her personally
not in the biblical sense

 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
109,385
Messages
2,319,734
Members
69,465
Latest member
DaveB