cynix

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 7, 2011
UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jungson JA-88D Class A Amplifier

Was bought new by me a few years before the "09" update edition appeared, so this would be from around 2007.

Claimed power is 80w per channel but as the amp "only" draws around 360W from the mains the actual power in pure Class A is likely less than 80w.

Currently modified to work purely as a fully balanced power amp, based on the details here, with the rear panel balanced XLR inputs connected directly to the power amp section :
http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/JungSon.htm

So the pre-amp, input switching and pre-out are completely bypassed at the moment. I used it with my Wadia CD player (with digital volume control) like this and found it sounded a little better than using the built in fixed step analogue volume control. (BTW the clicking relay on every volume change is quite normal for this type of volume control). It's quite easy to change back to standard by removing the rear panel and re-soldering 3 wires from each of the balanced inputs and I can do this no problem if you'd prefer to use the amp as an integrated again.

The blue LED's on the front panel can be disabled, as can the input/volume display. The VU meters are always active though.
The 4 button (real wood!) remote has volume +/- , input switching and mute controls, the display options are switched via front panel button.

Lots of great reviews online, eg. https://vintagesonics.com/reviews/amplifiers/jungson-ja-88d-review/
Note this is the original Class A version, there's also a higher power Class AB version.

Actual size of the amp is 43x50x21 cm. Weight is around 28KG.
Collection is preferred for such a heavy item (it was originally shipped on a pallet) but you can arrange your own courier to collect and I still have the original double boxed packaging. You can see the outer box dimensions and shipping weight in one of the pics.

Amp is in great condition and working perfectly.

Asking £400. Located in Glasgow.

ja88d_1.jpg ja88d_2.jpg ja88d_3.jpg ja88d_4.jpg ja88d_6.jpg ja88d_7.jpg ja88d_5.jpg

Reactions: andyrlb and Lokes

zoidburg

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 1, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Ben
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I have the 09 updated version of this amp and IMHO its a very decent amp. GLWTS its a bargain at that price mate.

cynix

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 7, 2011
UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Provisionally sold. Will confirm after it's collected at the weekend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles