Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And given my recent run of record purchases nearly printed off the return label before it arrived 😂

Record 1, flat as a pancake and no surface noise, silent ! 2, the same. 3, repeat. Hardly dare play 4, but same result !

It can still be done people 👍. Hang on in there !

Stupid hobby 😉

DUVET

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2021
Middle
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ha, you might not. It's the new Nils Frahm, one review likened it to listening to paint dry ! I love it. Not much happens to be fair !

There is Qobuz for the dry run

Reactions: Ian

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've got four Neils Frahm LPs. All bought off Amazon, and all excellent pressings.

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Glad you struck lucky! I remember that ‘heart in the mouth’ trepidation so well, yet I’ve not bought a brand new record for about thirty years. I must break that run soon, but I think it’d have to be a direct cut or a MoFi special rather than a regular release.

Strider

Show me your Fooses
Wammer Plus
Jan 16, 2006
Here and there
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ha, you might not. It's the new Nils Frahm, one review likened it to listening to paint dry ! I love it. Not much happens to be fair !
And there was me thinking it was the complete cataloge of Barbara Streizand remastered and sung by St Winifreds choir.
On the runout groove of the 4th album is a looped rap version of "Grandma we love you."

I have a small collection of Nils Fraham on my HDD, nice chilled out tunes ideal for kicking back as the evenings draw in and turn cooler.

stormyuklondon1

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 10, 2006
AKA
Scott
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
had a replacement copy of meddle delivered yesterday from amazon, ran it through my rcm and..side 2 is noiser than a shagging fox. i think in the last dozen vinyl purchases from that ubiquitous online retailer I've returned 90% as either improperly packaged resulting in damage or vinyl defects :(
in fact, the only company in recent times I've had 100% success with is acoustic sounds, I just wish they'd open a UK outlet so it doesn't end up costing me a fortune to justify the p&p costs..

hiesteem

peacebro
Wammer
Feb 6, 2019
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
He's all about using the silence in between the note's, is Mr Frahm. So silent this time, he almost disappeared!
I just bought his 2x1=4 collaboration with F.S Blumm.
Atmospheric with the odd guitar riff and a subtle hip-hop beat.
Different to Frahm's solo work and quite refreshing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles