Kelvin Labs Pre Amp

Tube

Wammer
New Wammer
Nov 26, 2013
I better say hi first, being new at all that, how is it going.

So I have a Kelvin Labs Pre Amp which I completely forgot I had, it's been in my loft for the past 10 years, I have done some research which lead me to to this forum, and managed to find some info on the power amp, but I could not find any information at all on the pre amp. Does anyone on the forum have any more information on the amp, and what people think of them?

Cheers.

Lerf9pH.jpg

RobsterD

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 7, 2007
Southampton
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Tube,

sweet ,might be my old one :)

had the pre with the M60 monos and some Maggies lovely.

Welcome :^

Tube

Wammer
New Wammer
Nov 26, 2013
Hi Tube,sweet ,might be my old one :)

had the pre with the M60 monos and some Maggies lovely.

Welcome :^
There is one problem, it does not work, the transformer died, so I need to replace that, or someone need to replace it for me? does anyone here have any idea as to where I might start with getting this preamp working again, I know when it did work it was a good little unit, and it worked great with my mono block valve amps.

myrman

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 26, 2007
Northants, UK
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If you let us know where you are based I'm sure someone here can direst you to someone suitable to repair it.

Welcome to the forum btw :)

diceman

Wammer
Wammer
May 29, 2009
Farnborough, , Unite
AKA
JP
Any good repair guy should be able to match the transformer with something similar.

IIRC the guys who ran Kelvin Labs went on to become part of AVI. It may be worth a call if you need a schematic.

I have not heard or owned the pre-power combo but had a little class A integrated that looked identical excluding the large heatsinks of the integrated. lovely little thing.

SCIDB

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
, ,
Any good repair guy should be able to match the transformer with something similar.IIRC the guys who ran Kelvin Labs went on to become part of AVI. It may be worth a call if you need a schematic.

I have not heard or owned the pre-power combo but had a little class A integrated that looked identical excluding the large heatsinks of the integrated. lovely little thing.
Hi,

It was Martin Grindrod who was part of Kelvin Labs then went onto form AVI.

SCIDB

enbee23

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 22, 2005
North of Scotland,
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I didn't know of the connection between Kelvin Labs and AVI, every day's a school day :^

To the OP: For your own sanity, please be wary if you do approach AVI directly as they will inevitably tell you that your old pre is complete junk and what you really need in your life is the latest version of their magic-shoebox active speaker thingies. :D

Tube

Wammer
New Wammer
Nov 26, 2013
Any good repair guy should be able to match the transformer with something similar.IIRC the guys who ran Kelvin Labs went on to become part of AVI. It may be worth a call if you need a schematic.

haha, been there done that. So the best person to contact would be AVI. I'm based in Kent, Rochester, near Maidstone if that helps. :^

Does anyone here have an email at AVI I could contact.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zlatan