ki 63 sig

Center_Image

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 6, 2006
Essex, , United King
well spent the bast part of last night making comparisons , and at the end of the night , i can safely say that the ki sig, is not a massive improvement over the bog std 63!

anyone else found this with supposed , luxurry flagship models ?

i wonder, if i put a ki sig faceplate on a 63 would anyone be able to tell otherwise?

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
:lmao:
Bird.gif.e5ad7f48d8bb596824f2dfdd3446d314.gif

G

Center_Image wrote:

well spent the bast part of last night making comparisons , and at the end of the night , i can safely say that the ki sig, is not a massive improvement over the bog std 63!anyone else found this with supposed , luxurry flagship models ?

i wonder, if i put a ki sig faceplate on a 63 would anyone be able to tell otherwise?
yep them marantz cd players all sound the same.

tried most models a few years back and couldn't tell them apart. more hifi rip offs i'm affraid.

kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Center_Image wrote:

maybe in your experience, they dont all sound the same in mine ...
don't fret C_I he's just trolling, or incredibly stupid.
wink.png

kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Papa Lazarou wrote:

Haven't we been over this already Rudy?
and we will again and again and again.

it's beyond boring methinks. I wish it would stop.

gsrai

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Black Country
AKA
Gobind
I disagree with Marantz players sounding bad!

I've got the KI sig 63 at the mo' to play with and I think it sounds very good - full bassy kinda' sound with adequate detail - I'd say its much better than the Cyrus stuff I've heard.

Sorry if this fans the flames but Just think that for a 10 year old machine its not half bad!

Cant comment on the base 63 vs the KI but if memory serves me right the KI was deinetly a step above the CD67SE at the time!

ErikFH

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 2, 2005
Netherlands
AKA
Erik
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Eight years back Ireplaced the 67SE with a 63KI and didn´t got any difference. Amp was MF X-A1 speakers Dyn audience 60. I replaced the 63KI with a MF E624 and the music started to play.

Dannish

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Basingstoke, , Unite
AKA
Andy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
gsrai wrote:

I disagree with Marantz players sounding bad!I've got the KI sig 63 at the mo' to play with and I think it sounds very good - full bassy kinda' sound with adequate detail - I'd say its much better than the Cyrus stuff I've heard.

Sorry if this fans the flames but Just think that for a 10 year old machine its not half bad!

Cant comment on the base 63 vs the KI but if memory serves me right the KI was deinetly a step above the CD67SE at the time!
I loved my CD63KI and i very much liked my CD75. Always thought they sounded very good indeed:cool:

Center_Image

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 6, 2006
Essex, , United King
some of the marantz ive used have sounded thick, and somewhat rosetinted...

but generally i like marantz cd players , still after a cd10

but honestly the ki imo is not worth the extra pennies , atleast not on my system as it stands

Miller-8

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
Midlothian, UK
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I remember trying a CD67 about 9 years ago, it sounded bloody weird to me, not very natural, dynamics all over the place, timing very suspect.

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The PM7200KI actually sounded worse than the standard PM7200 when I demoed it a couple of years ago. :raoflmfao:

The standard amp sounded good IMO but the 'modded' one was lacking a bit in bass (by comparison) and just didn't float my boat.

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ive only had a 6000 ose le, which was head and shoulders better than the cdp it replaced, a Technics 490, but, imho, the Rotel rcd02 kicked its arse, for not a lot more dosh, having said that, i still like Marantz kit, and cant understand why there seems to be an anti Marantz front on here.

ErikFH

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 2, 2005
Netherlands
AKA
Erik
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
icehockeyboy wrote:

... the Rotel rcd02 kicked its arse, for not a lot more dosh .....
icehockeyboy wrote:

... cant understand why there seems to be an anti Marantz front on here.
rolleyes.gif.fd85f9fd5d171988ef004a59c04642db.gif

There´ve beendifferent comparing reviews inHFC between standard andSE/KE versionsusually concluding the upgraded version not beingnoticeably better over the standard version (for the difference in price). The company that modded my cdp told that eg British products rather excelin design than use of components where Jap manufacturers like Marantz choose for applyingaudiophile parts toa ´Japanese design´.

Borats Baby

Wammer
Wammer
May 2, 2006
Warrington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
IMO Marantz players are ok, not brilliant, but not bad either.

However...............

My hard earned would have to go on a Pioneer machine, the ones with the stable platter. PD-S 703, 801, 802, 904 etc.

The Marantz cd65 MkII I've got is not a patch on the Pioneer PD-S703 both in terms of sound quality and build. The Marantz is made out of plastic ffs, yet it costs more (second hand anyway).

Sound wise, the Pioneer just seems so much more precise (in a good way), imaging is better and bass deeper.

I will not buy another Marantz machine. The Pioneers are cheaper anyway !!!!

Rikki

notaclue

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Nowhere, West Europe
AKA
Duke of Steepletone
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Pretty much every mag' raved about KI sig' CD players. Best under £1,000 etc etc etc

I own the CD6000KI.

Also own a Pioneer Precision amp - similar in concept but tuned by Tom Evans. SoIcertainly bought into the concept oftuned mainstream hi-fi!

The whole 'signature' thing is probably just clever marketing by Marantz.

I mean, these days do we really need anything more than a decent quality £99 DVD player?

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I rudolph hucker wrote:

Center_Image wrote:
well spent the bast part of last night making comparisons , and at the end of the night , i can safely say that the ki sig, is not a massive improvement over the bog std 63!anyone else found this with supposed , luxurry flagship models ?

yep them marantz cd players all sound the same.

fucking horrible.

tried most models a few years back and couldn't tell them apart. more hifi rip offs i'm affraid.
Well the "el cheapo" Marantz CD player I bought from Shadow (AK) sounds very good, not strong on PRAT, but a lovely smooth player and at £180.00 new a hifi bargain. And the geriatric Marantz CD-75 Andi kindly donated to me for Charity sounds fine (given its 1984 vintage), so I don't know wht Marantz players you have heard.

Have you heard any HiFi at all Rudi? Or do you just post here to wind the fuck up out of pepple?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles