Naimless
Wammer
Sep 14, 2020
Vienna, Austria EU
AKA
Heimo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No. The room modes are unaffected by the speaker. My room is not ideal but is sounds amazing with DSP.
Different speakers will of course not change the room nor its mode frequencies, but they will be excited in different ways. Add in the power amplifier that tries to keep bass drivers under control, thus counteracting the room's resonance, and you see why different speaker/amp combinations sound differently in the same room. And why the same speaker/amp combo will sound entirely different in another room, or even if placed differently in the same room!

Harryup

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Nov 17, 2018
Stockholm
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So is a rather blunt tool. I would prefere to use measuring and to be able to really fight the problems, which I also do. I certainly prefer SO1's possibilities to fine tune.

formann

Øyvind I
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Ski Norway
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ok, I bought them. It's an Artikulate 350 upgradet to Klimax and sold as Klimax 350 by "Best Sound in Hamburg in 2011"
Had a listen (without the stands so it was more of a function test) at Eksakt HiFi in Oslo yesterday and it was promessing engaging (New Selekt DSM with Organic and a pair of Klimax Solo). Stands are on their way.
Are about to upgrade them to Exakt (will order the card for the bass units) and use my Akurate Exaktbox 10 Katalyst with Selekt DSM (currently with original PSU) and 2xAkurate4200. Main source is Limax LP12.
I currently use these electronics with Majik Isobarik and the difference to another room where I have another set of MISO with active bass and M6100 (using 4 channals) and AEDSM/1 (Majik LP12, Lingo4, Akito3) is staggering.
For a period I used the main excakt system and the M6100 into Akubarik but never got happy (actually was a bit boring) but I later discovered that this was due to 1)AEDSM as hub 2)Naim Fraim on Linn electronics, and the mix of amps.
Quite excited about this. Getting the speakers delivered on Wednesday - first to be used passive while waiting on the card.

Last edited:

Utlover

Wammer
Feb 15, 2019
Ok, I bought them. It's an Artikulate 350 upgradet to Klimax and sold as Klimax 350 by "Best Sound in Hamburg in 2011"
Had a listen (without the stands so it was more of a function test) at Eksakt HiFi in Oslo yesterday and it was promessing engaging (New Selekt DSM with Organic and a pair of Klimax Solo). Stands are on their way.
Are about to upgrade them to Exakt (will order the card for the bass units) and use my Akurate Exaktbox 10 Katalyst with Selekt DSM (currently with original PSU) and 2xAkurate4200. Main source is Limax LP12.
I currently use these electronics with Majik Isobarik and the difference to another room where I have another set of MISO with active bass and M6100 (using 4 channals) and AEDSM/1 (Majik LP12, Lingo4, Akito3) is staggering.
For a period I used the main excakt system and the M6100 into Akubarik but never got happy (actually was a bit boring) but I later discovered that this was due to 1)AEDSM as hub 2)Naim Fraim on Linn electronics, and the mix of amps.
Quite excited about this. Getting the speakers delivered on Wednesday - first to be used passive while waiting on the card.
Congratulations on your purchase! The 350 is not a very easy speaker to setup, but great rewards in term of musicality await you if you got it right. My experience is they like lots of space around them, and when using so(+) it is critical to enter the right degrees of toe-in (that is, if you are going to apply toe-in at all). To improve further you could place them on GAIA I feet. Since these will compensate for any resonance, the result will be that the 350 is absolutely fixed in place which enables them to shine even brighter!

Do not forget to tune-dem first before applying so(+) (if any).

Reactions: formann

Ikemi

New Wammer
May 1, 2019

Ikemi

New Wammer
May 1, 2019
Congratulations on the purchase. There seems to be some hate on this site for the 350s but I believe they have not heard them properly executed. I totally agree with the other poster that some care needs to be taken for setup. They need space and a large room helps but also a well treated room. If you get them right they sing and are very musical. You will love them!

Ron

Reactions: entdgc and formann

formann

Øyvind I
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Ski Norway
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ok. Now sorted.
Got the speakers set up. First just without the stands due to delivery and now got the stands yesterday and experimented with set up.
Have read the comments about them being difficult but no - this is in my room the simplest speaker to set up. Rom is 4,6m wide at front and 5.6m long and a small L of about 1 meeter deep so 5.7 wide at the rear.
I´ve had Passive Akubarik in this room with Majik DSM/2 + M6100 = horrible. Added AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox 10 Katalyst, 2xA4200 (and one Majik channel) = eh, how much does this cost? Clear but not much tune and fun. Was easier with a set of Majik Isobarik (removing the unfortunate mix of amps).
Had a set of Keltik (barn find) in Exact mode which was quite fun but lacked refinement.
I also tried the Akubariks in another 50m2 room with Klout and Karin without bein carried away.

THIS on the other hand is absolutely tremendous. Very revealing to set up so quite easy as one hear 1 cm change in distance to rear wall easily from a tune point of view without getting lost in fat bas/thin sound issues, it just works.
Did try SO2 again, and as before - did not get anything out of it. Only in combo with SO and adjusted bas with +2dB at the rear did I get a hint of "bass out of tune with the rest" as somebody complains about. All flat and SO off is marvellous.
Then the really odd thing. After fine adjustment, levelling, checking all drivers are fixed properly etc, its time to tighten the spikes with the tiny posh lock nut. How is this possible, that only fixing this unit to a spike that is not "loose" has such an overall improvement of the sound? I only have to guess that the designers where good at their job and one can hear that the device is there for a reason.
Set up now is with Klima LP12 (2020 spec), Urika2, Selekt DSM (original version), two channels on a 2010model Akurate 4200 and K200 speaker cables. For the first time in 15 years I do not feel that I "must" improve this or that to get something nice to listen to.
I had only listened to 350 twice before: At a dealer in Oslo in Exakt mode in 2017 via KDSM and Rega P10 = boring. At Harrods in 2019, hm interesting and tempting. And of course briefly at Eksakt Hifi inOslo where bought them.

Service history of speakers provided by Linn Helpline: Manufactured as Articulate in August 2007, upgraded to Klimax350 in 2008, added Dynamik in October 2009 before new 3K in 2015.
A tremendous speaker and noe of the mentioned set-up comes close.
(bonus: tracks this night: "I Am the Walrus" by Brad Mehldau, "Liebe" by Lugatti & 9ine. Vinyl: "Soul stripper" by AC/DC "The20th CONCORD Festival All Stars" by Ray Brown, Gene Harris, Red Holloway, Harry Edison and Jeff Hamilton.

Last edited:

entdgc

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Congleton, England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
two channels on a 2010model Akurate 4200
When I first got my 350p's I used two channels from a A3200. I then got hold of a cheap older Klimax Twin (TBH Mostly for aesthetic reasons) and wasn't expecting much sonic improvement but I was nicely surprised. Worth it if you get the chance - Solo's would be even better.

formann

Øyvind I
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Ski Norway
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When I first got my 350p's I used two channels from a A3200. I then got hold of a cheap older Klimax Twin (TBH Mostly for aesthetic reasons) and wasn't expecting much sonic improvement but I was nicely surprised. Worth it if you get the chance - Solo's would be even better.
Hi, I've got the following alternatives:
1) Upgrade the Selekt with new PSU and Organik
2) as above with a) better power amp, b) use 2xA4200 (which I have) and active analogue cards, C) Klimax tune box (hence analogue active) or d) Exakt with my Akurate 10 Katalyst.

With my MISO´s there was significantly better separation of instruments and generally lots of details when going Exakt, but perhaps a bit clinical? My Akubarik were also clinical in a way which the 350p are not.

The main issue with d) is that there is currently are no listing of organic upgrade for the Exaktbox10.

pdcman

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 3, 2020
The Utopik with O DAC makes a huge difference, and would be first on my list. (or used Kat KDSM)
I still use my 350's with dynamiked solos, still the sweet spot for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online