lee1975

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 17, 2010
Nottingham, England
AKA
Lee
Evening folks, 

I really fancy a pair of klipsch forte iii but have to dealer near me. Currently i have snell c. Would the klipsch be a upgrade or side step? Anybody who know the klipsch have any input? 

Lee M

was/is the purplepleaser
Wammer Plus
Nov 6, 2013
Manchester
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ignore me. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee M

was/is the purplepleaser
Wammer Plus
Nov 6, 2013
Manchester
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Have you seen the Darko review on youtube. Seems to really rate them.

Interested in the answers. I'm looking at these to compare with some Kralk Audio12 and Heco Direkt two ways. Maybe i should start a thread with my own requirements.  

Last edited by a moderator:

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looking at the measurements performed by Stereophile I would antecipate a bright sound that would be made worse (forward and tiring) when partnered with high output impedance amplifiers (many valve models i.e. Croft, Prima Luna, etc.).

But some people enjoy this kind of "lively", "exciting" sound.

I'd expect them to sound very different from your Snells. Better? Only you can tell...

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looking at the measurements performed by Stereophile I would antecipate a bright sound that would be made worse (forward and tiring) when partnered with high output impedance amplifiers (many valve models i.e. Croft, Prima Luna, etc.).

But some people enjoy this kind of "lively", "exciting" sound.

I'd expect them to sound very different from your Snells. Better? Only you can tell...
Not had the pleasure but all the reviews have been positive - they now do an active pair (the built in amp has a preamp and provision for other inputs - the review is in Hifi World this month .. by all accounts the frequency response does not indicate any rising treble or shrillness - so the answer has to be for anyone who fancies a pair - get yer ears around them and see what you think (and preferably on a home dem)

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not had the pleasure but all the reviews have been positive - they now do an active pair (the built in amp has a preamp and provision for other inputs - the review is in Hifi World this month .. by all accounts the frequency response does not indicate any rising treble or shrillness - so the answer has to be for anyone who fancies a pair - get yer ears around them and see what you think (and preferably on a home dem)
I always (and did) recommend auditioning. I wouldn't.

Sphile's measurements show a rising treble and also an under-damped port:

719KF3-fig3.jpg

I would also worry about the high impedance between 2 and 5 kHz (as per previous post)

719KF3-fig1.jpg

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sphile's measurements show a rising treble and also an under-damped port:
Aye and yet Stereo Review gave an extremely positive review based on his measurements and listening. Aside from one of the smoothest and widest frequency response results from a speaker that Mr. Hirsch had ever tested, he also found that the Forte had the lowest bass distortion ever measured by his lab from a speaker!

Also the review in Home Theater did not indicate any such shortcomings - as reviews go it had a nice wide variety of material played and reviewed.  https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/speaker/floor-standing/klipsch-forte-iii-review/   Also their frequency response test using Pink Noise showed none of the peaks and troughs of the Stereophile review and overall showed a gently falling response curve   ..   Perhaps we wouldn't want to audition but there again if  we were looking for a new pair of speakers - why not :D  

fig-20-forte-1khz-new.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles