( Shoebox Ady )
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2018
Oadby Leicester
AKA
Adrian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thought that I'd update this thread with the fact that I have now traded in my Cornwall 3's to 4's. This happened about 3 months ago and the 4's are settling in nicely. They are definitely more detailed and accurate than the 3's and the stereo imaging is a bit sharper. I have also added a bigger sub to the system, a BK P12-300 DF. I'm still experimenting with the settings on the sub as it breaks in but happy so far. At the moment I'm not using the spikes that were supplied with the sub, it just sits on the carpet.

Next on the agenda is to try a pair of Townshend seismic speaker isolation platforms under the Cornwall 4's. The speakers currently sit on a carpeted plus underlay concrete floor so it will be very interesting to see what difference ' if any ' these platforms make to the sound signature.
Here's a picture of the 4's with grills off but with my old sub.
Cheers Ady 20220129_152541.jpg

westerwick

westerwick
Wammer
Aug 6, 2019
Shetland Isles, Scot
AKA
Tom Gray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's never a good idea to arrange a demo at a hi-fi dealer. Occasionally you might end up with more than you bargained for. I fell for the charms of a pair of Klipsch Forte IVs last year during such a visit. I told the salesperson it would be a while before I could allocate funds for a pair. My Q Acoustics C500s were doing a brilliant job and I was more than happy with them. The memory of listening to the Fortes never quite left me and a glance through the internet a month ago threw up a pair of ex-demo Forte IVs. I knew I may not get a better chance of owning a pair, especially at the price. Klipsch had raised their prices late last year. A few phone calls later and they were on the way to a new listening room. Needless to say I was as captivated by them now as I was when I listened to them initially. I find it very hard to stop listening once I start, lots of late nights!

Ady

( Shoebox Ady )
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2018
Oadby Leicester
AKA
Adrian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was looking for speakers last year and visited the Daventry show.
The ones that grabbed my attention were Cornwalls and DeVore O96s.

A quick visit to Fanthorpes and...

DSC00921.JPG
Cracking speakers, good choice, but I would say that wouldn't I 😁
I'm convinced the sound improves considerably over the first 6 months or so, ymmv. Enjoy
Cheers Ady

Reactions: Gizza and Tony_J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gingerbrown

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles