westernone

New Wammer
Aug 7, 2019
London, Ontario, CA
AKA
Blake Wilson
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I recently purchased a new PC running Windows 11. On Wednesday, I upgraded to the latest version of Windows 11 by applying patch KB5010386. I had some trouble with the upgrade and access to Konfig and Kazoo. For some reason Konfig lost my my Library location. My music library is stored on a QNAP NAS drive. With the help of my dealer we put the library location back into Konfig. Now my issue is when I start Konfig the whole screen goes black. It comes back after a while. When I move the cursor over any part of the Konfig window the whole screen goes black again. It appears again after about 35 to 55 seconds. The only part of the screen that seems to work is the X used to close the screen. I still have my old PC which uses Windows 10. I had the same issues with Konfig and Kazoo with the lost library location. Once the location was restored Konfig and Kazoo work fine there. Konfig and Kazoo worked fine on both PCs before the upgrade. Just to complicate things, right after a reboot of the Windows 11 machine Konfig works fine occasionally, not every time.

I have found no other problems with the windows 11 upgrade elsewhere. Does anyone have any suggestions.

westernone

New Wammer
Aug 7, 2019
London, Ontario, CA
AKA
Blake Wilson
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I could roll back and repatch. But, I tried Konfig again this morning and all is good. I am so confused. The only thing I can think of is that this morning I did a shutdown instead of a restart. When I started the PC all is good. I am going to leave things and see if it continues to work.

Thanks.

Reactions: MickC

OldLinn

Wammer
Nov 8, 2019
Marlborough ish
AKA
Graham
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I too have a problem but its not the same as yours. Since updating Kazoo a few days ago I am still offered an update but I can't make it happen, I have lost the bottom bar in Kazoo that would normally have i.e. play/ pause/ last track/next track and a small pic of album playing but now I have a source icon and a volume control that doesnt work. I have spent hours trying to change things and have got nowhere so I will be ringing Linn for a chat as it wont let me register a problem as apparently need to update things but it wont let me of course so I go round and round. Bloody dizzy most of the time now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online