Krystal Kables BARD silver speaker cable

longman

Wammer
New Wammer
Dec 22, 2005
Basingstoke, , Unite
i recently received the new pure silver speaker cable from Frank and Krystal Kables. Initially it sounded very detailed and open in both midrange and highs. There was a lack of bass. I spoke to Frank and he assured me that given another week the bass would return, and true to his word the bass arrived with a slap.

This stuff is well worth the money and the wait...
smile.png

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The bass is more controlled with the silver cables I find. I am not sure that the bass was never there, more that your ears tune i to the more controlled bass.

It's sure good stuff though.
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I currently use Chord Odyssey 4 (biwire) in my setup and was wondering if upgrading to KK Bard silver cable would be a worthwhile investment?

Any opinions welcome please.

Papa

G

Papa Lazarou wrote:

I currently use Chord Odyssey 4 (biwire) in my setup and was wondering if upgrading to KK Bard silver cable would be a worthwhile investment?Any opinions welcome please.

Papa
Reckon Franks lyric and sonnet would give the odyssey a run for it's money

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks AK.

I was thinking that if i was gonna upgrade i may as well go the whole hog and get the BARD. I will definitely upgrade my amps/speakers/CDP over the next few years (as funds allow) and that way i'll never need to look at new speaker cable again.

G

Papa Lazarou wrote:

Thanks AK. I was thinking that if i was gonna upgrade i may as well go the whole hog and get the BARD. I will definitely upgrade my amps/speakers/CDP over the next few years (as funds allow) and that way i'll never need to look at new speaker cable again.
didn't mean you should get them papa, but if his lowest performing cable is that good......sonnet is just shotgunned lyric, but with a 4 way weave, and jacket, it is nice thick proper shiny copper starnds, hunners of them, he'll not like it, but IMHO, you should order both, sonnet, and silver, and send the other back, or ask him for a loan of a demo set of each.

Franks sonnet, is as good a speaker cable as I have heard, in my system, you have to remember that silver is a lot thinner, (usually) and is often quite brittle as a result, you could tow a car alsmost with the sonnet,
biggrin.png
, robustness is important unless you like ice hocky, as you wish to keep them for a long time

anyhoo, either way you'll not be dissapointed, Franks cables seem to offer good value compared to the competition.

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I agree with you wholeheartedly about his cables AK. I use KK Titan mains andKK Silver interconnects in my setup and rate them highly.

That's whyi might try his new speaker cables TBH.

U

Umberto

Papa Lazarou wrote:

I agree with you wholeheartedly about his cables AK. I use KK Titan mains andKK Silver interconnects in my setup and rate them highly.That's whyi might try his new speaker cables TBH.
I had a KK Titan and found that IMO Pauls home made mains cable was better sounding. The Titan certainly improved on my previous cable which was an old sheilded computer mains cable with ferrites at each end.

longman

Wammer
New Wammer
Dec 22, 2005
Basingstoke, , Unite
i would certainly upgrade to the bard, why mess around trying the others out first. go straight to the soild and enjoy the sound. i used to use odyssey and that was a very good cable but the solid cable is very detailed..
smile.png

G

longman wrote:

i would certainly upgrade to the bard, why mess around trying the others out first. go straight to the soild and enjoy the sound. i used to use odyssey and that was a very good cable but the solid cable is very detailed..
smile.png
so you have heard the sonnet then? I used to have JPS labs cable, which was £72/m am I missing it with the sonnet at £20/m not at all.

don't assume because it costs morethe bard will sound better, in some systems silverit may, but not in others, the sonnet is also woven together (which has proven scinetific reasons for regecting spurios airborne noise), and nice thick copper, don't fall into the mistake of making assumptions, Franks silver cable costs more, as silver costs more than copper, not necessarily coz it sounds better.

longman

Wammer
New Wammer
Dec 22, 2005
Basingstoke, , Unite
well i have used many cables also including linn cable which was woven and the chord which spiral cable and yes the BARD is much better than all of them. i even had nordost red dawn running and its a much better cable than that. and that is not an assumtion. i have also tried them on a few different types of speakers.

G

it is an assumption, based on your experience of other cables, but not the sonnet, and perhaps the bard will be better in papas system, but to say you have tried many types of cable, and many different speakers, well the only thing that proves, is in your system the bard performs to your taste, I have tried silver interconnects and didn't like what they did, some systems perform better with copper, he should try both, IMHO, that way he'll be sure.

Don't fall into the trap of assuming that a manufacturers dearest product is the best, tis not allways the case.

Anyway I'm sure papa will make his own mind up

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for your experiences chaps.

AK, i thought you used the BARD cable in your mighty setup. If the Sonnet does it for you then i'll certainly give it a look! I'll call Frank later and see if he's willing to lend me some to try.

Thanks.

G

Have tried silver in the past Papa, never liked it, Sonnet is superb value (as no doubt is the Bard), I would also ask you to consider the first post, this is a wire you intend to keep for a long time, Solid cable, (and especilly silver which is usually thinner) is generally a lot more brittle than nice stranded coppper, the copper will take more abuse over it's lifetime, plugging and unplugging, moving house etc.

But yes give Frank a call

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If the Sonnet is that good (and i don't doubt your knowledge for a minute) then i'm most likely to go for it. It'll save me a small fortune to boot
smile.png

G

Papa Lazarou wrote:

If the Sonnet is that good (and i don't doubt your knowledge for a minute) then i'm most likely to go for it. It'll save me a small fortune to boot
smile.png
If it's a long term upgrade your going for then buy the best sounding one, TBH I got the sonnet as a stop gap, I needed shorter cable, had every intention to get more JPS labs, since installing thesonnet though, i'm keeping it, it's great value compared to the competition too.

E

Effem

icehockeyboy wrote:

Frank, one or two of the chaps here mention about asking you for the loan of the Sonnet cables...do you do that?
I don't have any demo stock of any of my cables ICE because once heard they are never returned
biggrin.png

Now if the prices were quadrupled . . . . . . . . !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zlatan