Rock'n'Roll3103

New Wammer
Feb 27, 2017
Birmingham
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My iTunes is on my Acer laptop and I want to play it through my Arcam AVR500 amp. I've bought a iFi Zen DAC V2 and plugged it into the CD connection, which Arcam recommend. But I get no music, however, if I send a test tone I do get a beep through both L/R speaker.

Thoughts?

Chumpchops

From the safest places come the bravest words.
Wammer
Oct 3, 2014
Bristol
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Assume you did Plug ifi into laptop usb, and made sure the pc can see the usb device in File Explorer>This PC>usb ifi device(or whatever it’s called)

also assume you have checked in iTunes to choose output? Been so long since I used it, so don’t exactly recall.

Then go to PC Settings>Sound> Output>manage sound devices>and you should see your ifi device there. If not then you need to make sure you have correct device driver loaded (that’s a simple exercise)

from sound devices DAC will be listed under Speakers. with Test option.

connect DAC rca for now to hi fi, try different inputs. play tune from iTunes

should work.

Last edited:

Rock'n'Roll3103

New Wammer
Feb 27, 2017
Birmingham
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Assume you did Plug ifi into laptop usb, and made sure the pc can see the usb device in File Explorer>This PC>usb ifi device(or whatever it’s called)

also assume you have checked in iTunes to choose output? Been so long since I used it, so don’t exactly recall.

Then go to PC Settings>Sound> Output>manage sound devices>and you should see your ifi device there. If not then you need to make sure you have correct device driver loaded (that’s a spend exercise

from sound devices DAC will be listed under Speakers. with Test option.

connect DAC rca for now to hi fi, try different inputs. play tune from iTunes

should work.
Thanks for the tips, I'll look into it. But as I mentioned I'm getting a test beep from the audio settings function

Chumpchops

From the safest places come the bravest words.
Wammer
Oct 3, 2014
Bristol
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for the tips, I'll look into it. But as I mentioned I'm getting a test beep from the audio settings function

ok. But remember certain apps may be set up to use different sound devices, so maybe look to your iTunes settings?

iTunes: Edit>preferences>Playback. Look at entry for Play Audio Using. Direct Sound or Win Audio Session options. Changing one to other May help.

Do reboot yer pc btw

Reactions: Bazzer

Man in a van

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2012
Staffordshire
AKA
Ronnie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My iTunes is on my Acer laptop and I want to play it through my Arcam AVR500 amp. I've bought a iFi Zen DAC V2 and plugged it into the CD connection, which Arcam recommend. But I get no music, however, if I send a test tone I do get a beep through both L/R speaker.

Thoughts?
If the laptop runs Windows, did you load the Driver ?

Rock'n'Roll3103

New Wammer
Feb 27, 2017
Birmingham
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
ok. But remember certain apps may be set up to use different sound devices, so maybe look to your iTunes settings?

iTunes: Edit>preferences>Playback. Look at entry for Play Audio Using. Direct Sound or Win Audio Session options. Changing one to other May help.

Do reboot yer pc btw
Cool! That'a worked! TYVM.

Reactions: Chumpchops

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles