Large-capacity (1000+) CD storage without jewel cases

dunkyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 2, 2006
London
AKA
Duncan Armstrong
Has anyone found a good way to store 1000+ CDs including liner notes, in as compact a form as possible whilst still being browsable? The two kinds I've seen are the big fat fabric wallets, though with liner notes the biggest size seems to be around 200 per wallet (don't really fancy having 6+ of these...), and big DJ flight cases that have awkward numbered indexing systems that look like a pain to setup and even more of a pain when it comes to adding new discs...

Anyone found anything better? Thinking of shifting all my discs up into the attic and going streaming-only day-to-day. Must be a common problem amongst our sort?

Cheers,

Dunc

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
Sorry Dunc, but if you are going to be streaming why do you want to be able to browse the discs without the covers?

Browsing the artwork on the tablet and selecting makes a lot more sense

If you are going to put them in the attic it makes even less sense.

Adam7788

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 5, 2013
UK, Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Has anyone found a good way to store 1000+ CDs including liner notes, in as compact a form as possible whilst still being browsable? The two kinds I've seen are the big fat fabric wallets, though with liner notes the biggest size seems to be around 200 per wallet (don't really fancy having 6+ of these...), and big DJ flight cases that have awkward numbered indexing systems that look like a pain to setup and even more of a pain when it comes to adding new discs...Anyone found anything better? Thinking of shifting all my discs up into the attic and going streaming-only day-to-day. Must be a common problem amongst our sort?

Cheers,

Dunc
There are plastic clear wallets available that fit the disc and sleeve. then just flip through in a drawer or similar...

Andy831

Wammer
Wammer
May 12, 2006
Hebden Bridge
AKA
Andy
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have done exactly this and used the dj flight type cases with the internal hangers.

I managed to store 2 cds and artwork in each hanger. It makes browsing possible but not ideal, if you really want to browse then you may be better limiting each wallet to 1 cd and artwork however that will mean twice as many cases.

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Better/cheaper to copy/scan them all (aurally-visually) to great cheap HDD/preserve the originals at correct humidity-temperature for occasional quality-CDP playing.

OR/and:

I advise nice wooden box-things for storage ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opensea0