Josaa2

Wammer
Nov 21, 2021
Uppsala, Sweden
AKA
Johan
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Last week I was listening to my system when I realized I had not checked for updates in Konfig for some time. I got up, went to the main computor and found new SW for Klimax DSM, Klimax Exaktbox Organik and Urika 2 (I have a fully maxed out aktiv Komri system - save for the Extatik - with lots of Nordost cables and bits). I downloaded and installed the SW and went back to listen without reading the release notes. Normally it is just bug fixing that fix problems that I never had (exept once when the Klimax Organik Exaktboxes failed to provide balance control - a bug I reported and was later fixed). I sat down to listen.

OMG! The musical flow was still there but the soundstage was bigger, each note was more separated from other notes, there was more body to the music and the bass was tighter. A veil had been lifted. It was as if the traditional Linn merits had been sprinkled with the best aspects from other high end brands. I simply could not stop listening and it was pure luck my wife and kids was away that day. The dog got a very late last walk. All this for the cost of 0 Euro. Have others had a similar experience?

Thank you Linn for constantly pushing the envelope.

kryno

Nicolav
Wammer
Oct 22, 2018
AKA
Nicola
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Last week I was listening to my system when I realized I had not checked for updates in Konfig for some time. I got up, went to the main computor and found new SW for Klimax DSM, Klimax Exaktbox Organik and Urika 2 (I have a fully maxed out aktiv Komri system - save for the Extatik - with lots of Nordost cables and bits). I downloaded and installed the SW and went back to listen without reading the release notes. Normally it is just bug fixing that fix problems that I never had (exept once when the Klimax Organik Exaktboxes failed to provide balance control - a bug I reported and was later fixed). I sat down to listen.

OMG! The musical flow was still there but the soundstage was bigger, each note was more separated from other notes, there was more body to the music and the bass was tighter. A veil had been lifted. It was as if the traditional Linn merits had been sprinkled with the best aspects from other high end brands. I simply could not stop listening and it was pure luck my wife and kids was away that day. The dog got a very late last walk. All this for the cost of 0 Euro. Have others had a similar experience?

Thank you Linn for constantly pushing the envelope.
Me too!

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is this a beta? My Konfig still shows 4.92.459 as the latest version.
4.95.468 is the latest stable release, not beta. However, it may not be for all products, as it appears to be primarily for Exakt Engines and Urika II. My kitchen Sneaky DS hasn’t had an update.

’troll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles