SOLD LAVARDIN LECONTOURE STABILE 210 SPEAKERS. MUCH REDUCED!!!

SOLD

Hornucopia

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 16, 2009
Bristol, , United Ki
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
LAVARDIN LECONTOURE STABILE 210 SPEAKERS. BARGAIN PRICE..MUCH reduced from 3500
Only £2350
NOW CUT PRICE I NEED THE SPACE ...how about a round Thousand? Got to be a bargain!

LAVARDIN RECONTOURE STABILE 210 SPEAKERS

The French do things their way?

There are quite a lot of French hifi makers, when one has a look. Many highly rated, with quite a few taking a distinct alternative look at how hifi works. I owned Ocellia Calliope .21 Grandis Signature speakers for a dozen years, full range units with thin undamped walls when most others were heavily damped and cased.

Lavardin are another company with their own approach to sound. Their amps are treasured by the owners in the main –few ever seen 2nd hand. The makers have a ‘thing’ about ghosting in transistors and the effect on sound.

The Recontoure speakers are slightly quirky as well. Box speakers in the main, but….an 8 inch mid/bass unit?….a 10 inch rear-facing bass unit?....the whole thing seemingly ‘hanging’ from a solid rear panel, the front suspended on a spike, resting on…..a coin!

It’s definitely on the money.

Sound-wise it works though. Matching the quality of the Lavardin amplifiers in producing a refined musical image that beguiles the listener. One doesn’t sit analysing the constituent parts –mid/bass/tweeter – but just relax into a cohesive seductive whole, thoughts of ‘it shouldn’t work’ cast aside as the music is absorbed.

They might do things differently, but it works!

Rarely seen in UK but definitely worth seeking out.

Originally £11500. To WAM //NOW REDUCED TO>>>>£1000 !!

Located in Bristol; have boxes, MUCH prefer collection!!

Chris.

Last edited:

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Photo needed or mods will remove. 

Hornucopia

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 16, 2009
Bristol, , United Ki
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
This comment in a review matches the speakers character well;

''The Lavardin IT integrated amplifier produces the least artistic distortion of any amplifier I’ve ever heard in the 36 years I’ve been involved with audio. It offers unparalleled understanding and insight into every kind of music, regardless of that music’s ultimate merit. It completely eliminates any barriers to the musical message caused by the amplification process, opening the listener to the true quality of the music. The music simply appears, naked and direct. The IT is a rare and exceptional achievement.'
Applies equally to the speaker-Lavardin like to consider their equipment as a whole.

Hornucopia

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 16, 2009
Bristol, , United Ki
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Lavardin amp owners can bring their own amps to hear the quality,but beware, no turntable here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hornucopia

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 16, 2009
Bristol, , United Ki
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
My Plusnet e-mail        gone awol, so use messaging on here? Apparently Solar storms to blame-do they affect sound reproduction as well?

Hornucopia

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 16, 2009
Bristol, , United Ki
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Soon to be boxed up and stored, but easily changed if audition needed.
Grab some seductive sounds now......(-:

addition; now stored, but can be collected/heard if needed. New speakers en route.

Last edited:

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Having heard these at Chris’s, I’d agree that they’re very open and articulate. (I’d suggest editing the opening post with the new £3,000 price too, as many won’t look below for reductions)

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Absolutely the best speakers you could ever buy for a measly grand
A tenth of the original price , Bloodyhell .

Reactions: hifinutt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles