Wammer
Wammer
Nov 19, 2013
Pie heaven
AKA
Err...
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I live in Wigan. Considering that the seller won't post, and it being the season of bah humbug and all that, if any wammer from far afield wins this TT, and can't get to Wigan to pick it up, I'm willing to collect and post it at cost. It'll be packaged properly, strong box, padding, platter and cart removed, tonearm securely secured and all that. Might take a few days to get all the stuff together though.

Oh, and no affiliation with the seller, at least I don't think so. If I do, I be asking them why I didn't get first dibs...

• Upvote
Reactions: Flimber

It Cost How Much!?!

Twisted
Wammer
Oct 27, 2008
Hartford, Cheshire
AKA
Bob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Does it come with a Wigan kebab?

resize.asp

Rob998

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 19, 2013
Pie heaven
AKA
Err...
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Mmm love a good pie, despite not being a Wiganer, merely being forced to live here.

A history lesson:

During the General Strike of 1926, the primary industry in Wigan was coal mining. As such the prolonged industrial (in)action hit the town hard. Much harder than the surrounding towns many of which had more diverse economies such as textiles ( the TUC had limited the strike to Miners, iron & steelworkers, transport workers, dockers & printers) as well as mining. The town was literally starving and the Wigan miners were the first in the area to be starved back to work. In effect they were forced to eat humble pie, hence "Pie Eaters".

Of course it's all been turned on its head now and Wiganers wear the epithet, once a vile insult, as a badge of pride. Indeed the World Pie Eating Championships is held here annually.

If you're ever in Wigan I recommend searching out a Pooles pie, or even better a Muffin Man pie. They're scrummy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pops