Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2009
London
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looks like snake oil to me. I don't think any plug can condition a signal in a positive manner, and a product called entropic summat or ambient field conditioner just sounds like guff.

I say this because I have an unresolving system, am deaf, and cannot afford any of it. Nor can I afford the time to care or test such claims as they make.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looks like snake oil to me. I don't think any plug can condition a signal in a positive manner, and a product called entropic summat or ambient field conditioner just sounds like guff.

I say this because I have an unresolving system, am deaf, and cannot afford any of it. Nor can I afford the time to care or test such claims as they make.
Strangely enough, I too appear to have a poorly resolving system and to suffer from acute hearing defects. At least, I must do, because I can't hear all the 'night and day' differences that apparently some things make.

Either way, it's safe to say that with a smattering of electrical knowledge, I won't be spending four large on an extension socket made out of wood.

newlash09

Iam deaf at the ears, but way more dumb in between
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar / mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a few friends who swear by LessLoss C-MARC cables. I've tried a fair bit of cables more expensive than these, and found the differences to be very very subtle. So I don't bother with analogue cables anymore. However I haven't tried my hand at digital cables, so will reserve my judgement for now

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don’t disregard anything I can’t understand , a bit like creationism or chance … I’m not clever enough ,,
And until science tells me otherwise it’s FOO …

Reactions: Strider

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm just gonna say this..You can own half an acre of species rich woodland for four grand, or alternatively a mains distribution block encased in some bits of a dead tree.

Which might do more for one's enjoyment of beauty, and peace of mind?
But you can say that about anything made of wood for its aesthetics..so long as it’s made from properly managed forests and they don’t use trees of a certain age then wood can be used …
Modern civilisations are built on wood .. there would be no industrial revolution if it wasn’t for the tens of millions of pit props to get coal .or for thousands of 5 hundred year old oaks to build the English fleet that defeated the armada. We could all be speaking Spanish .Or none of us would be here if it wasn’t for the ark if you believe in that sort of thing …
Wood certainly should be cherished and treated with respect . If harvested sustainably then it can be used …
Does anyone comment the effect on painting aluminium black as opposed to leaving it unpainted .. black pigment is made under high heat to make unburnt carbon or “soot” this is then blended with various oil based resins and various noxious additives the make the coating dry and mar resistant most have 30% volatiles based on carbon chemistry such as Xylene which is just lost to the atmosphere. Powder coating although has less volatile at the end of the process uses 5 times more energy …

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles