linn must think we are all crazy fools!!!!!!

G

The Strat wrote:

And your point is Rudy?
i'm shocked that they think by adding a aluminium subchassis and silver arm it's going to transform the lp12 into a real high end record deck. and want all that dough off you to do it.

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Keel Sub chassis

This machined from solid component replaces the existing chassis, arm board and arm collar.

Manufactured to a micron tolerance its lightness, rigidity and dimensional accuracy allow the tone arm and cartridge to resolve much more information.

Keel%201.jpg

I am the last person in this Galaxy to give anything Linn the thumbs up, but I have to say I see nothing wrong with the suggested mod - in fact, I suspect it would work a treat!

Why not? Anything that helps reduce the horrendous midband colouration you get with an LP12 has got to be a good thing!
smile.png

G

i aggree but 2k to do it?

come on jandl it's a piss take aint it?

your right it will change the sound. the old subchassis was a joke made from pressed steel.

i'm sure someone like chezi could rustle one of those up for a 100 quid

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
rudolph hucker wrote:

i aggree but 2k to do it? come on jandl it's a piss take aint it?
Well, yes - but Linn have always excelled at this type of stunt.

I have to admit I hadn'tnoticed it costs £2k !!

I'll bet the Linnies will be lining up to buy though :raoflmfao:

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Rudy mate - we'vebeen here before - you happen not to like LP12s - I happen to love the warmth and musicality they bring although happen not to have a TT anymore - but moreover Linn are not compelling any of us to buy one it is merely a possible upgrade for those that so choose.
deadthread.gif.a4f554a744c2c9e612ff84d0b359fed0.gif

G

The Strat wrote:

Rudy mate - we'vebeen here before - you happen not to like LP12s - I happen to love the warmth and musicality they bring although happen not to have a TT anymore - but moreover Linn are not compelling any of us to buy one it is merely a possible upgrade for those that so choose.
we haven't talked about this before strat. i'm not going to slag the lp12 off anymore mate i'm just shocked at linns pricing policy thats all.

i have no doubt the subchassis will improve it but for 2k you go and buy an orbe.

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
I agree rudi its expensive, and not to everyones taste but its not taking the piss.

If you want something because its right for you and your taste and there are not many others wanting one its going to cost.

Same goes for cars and many other high quality goods with only a few customers wanting the goods.

The question regards the price can only be answered by the customer, if the wallet comes out then its priced right.

mrwippy

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Nov 6, 2006
Plymouth, UK
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
One of the reasons I moved on from my LP12 was that I calculated over the years I could have bought a new turntable for the cost of the endless upgrades. And like the road sweeper whose had the same broom for 20 years(only had 5 new heads and 2 new handles) it wasn't really the same turntable I wanted all those years ago. Actually, the tech'y stuff about the Keel reminds me of some of the stuff that used to be stated as major benefits of another turntable many years ago - perhaps Pink Triangle had it right all along. Of course, to bring my SME up to date I now need a new power supply, but that's priced at only £850 exchange and compared to the Keel, seems a bit of a bargain!

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Davewhityetagain wrote:

I agree rudi its expensive, and not to everyones taste but its not taking the piss.If you want something because its right for you and your taste and there are not many others wanting one its going to cost.

Same goes for cars and many other high quality goods with only a few customers wanting the goods.

The question regards the price can only be answered by the customer, if the wallet comes out then its priced right.
goodpost.gif.00822561e807cf35c79b3503f2e609d0.gif

G

Davewhityetagain wrote:

I agree rudi its expensive, and not to everyones taste but its not taking the piss.If you want something because its right for you and your taste and there are not many others wanting one its going to cost.

thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

G

the thing is dave,

there is many lp12 owners who have a top spec one , and MUST HAVE a top spec one no matter what, and have stayed loyal with the brand.

now linn come along and say you have to now pay us another 5k to go to the top off the tree again. for the loyal owners of the lp12 i see this as a piss take thats all.

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
rudolph hucker wrote:

the thing is dave,there is many lp12 owners who have a top spec one , and MUST HAVE a top spec one no matter what, and have stayed loyal with the brand.

now linn come along and say you have to now pay us another 5k to go to the top off the tree again. for the loyal owners of the lp12 i see this as a piss take thats all.
and = there will be many that have one with a Naim Aro or just with an Akito/k9.

G

The Strat wrote:

rudolph hucker wrote:
the thing is dave,there is many lp12 owners who have a top spec one , and MUST HAVE a top spec one no matter what, and have stayed loyal with the brand.

and = there will be many that have one with a Naim Aro or just with an Akito/k9.
of course but go over on pinkfish and there are many who have a fully loeaded one.

wtf are they going to do now?

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
rudolph hucker wrote:

The Strat wrote:
rudolph hucker wrote:

of course but go over on pinkfish and there are many who have a fully loeaded one.

wtf are they going to do now?
make their own choice.

AdamK

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 29, 2005
Bucks/Herts border
JANDL100 wrote:

The Keel Sub chassisThis machined from solid component replaces the existing chassis, arm board and arm collar.

Manufactured to a micron tolerance its lightness, rigidity and dimensional accuracy allow the tone arm and cartridge to resolve much more information.

Keel%201.jpg

Whether you think this upgrade worthwhile really depends on your pro Linn / Anti Linn stance. Ipersonally would love to get a Keel fitted to my LP12 as I think it a substantial upgrade.

I think I'll pass on the Ekos SE at its current price however.

Regards

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DorothPike