Linn Owners

Linn Selekt DSM cannot see my Synology NAS

Neilc1965

Wammer
Mar 4, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Reposted from general forum:-

So , my wife surprised me with my next year plan Linn Selekt DSM for our 30th wedding anniversary! I have connected via wifi it up to my network, connected my TV and Turntable and QoBuz account. It all sounds wonderful through a pair of ATC SCM11 speakers and a REL sub. But , I cannot access any of my ripped cd collection on my Synology NAS , which is what I really want to do! The NAS worked fine with my Bluesound Node and previous Yamaha WXAD . I must be doing something silly or something isnt working as it should be. I have raised a ticket with Linn, but it is the weekend :( Any ideas what to try . Both the NAS and the DSM are on the same network. The eroor message I get is 'Failed to communicate with your media server'
Very frustrating. Help appreciated!

Reactions: Moomintroll

entdgc

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Congleton, England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
To help people to answer could you tell us which control point you are using (Linn App, Kazoo, other) and can this see the NAS? Also which music server are you using (Linn, Mininmserver, other)?

PS I would start by DOUBLE checking that the NAS and DS are on the same network...

Make it SO

Make it SO
Wammer
Nov 9, 2018
North Devon
AKA
Jean-Luc
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Apologies if you've already done this but Linn say "You will need to connect it to a wired network connection to allow setup and configuration. Then you can use the wi-fi capabilities of your network to control and stream music to the Selekt DSM."

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles