Linn Selekt trade in scheme email

Nestor Turton

Nestor Turton
Wammer
Jan 30, 2019
Nowhere in Particular
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes I got that, apparently: not only does Selekt DSM Edition Hub featuring Organik DAC outperform every Akurate streamer, of any age, in every way imaginable – but it sounds markedly better than previous-generation Klimax DSM with Katalyst too!

I was enjoying listening to my Linn system when the email arrived with an upgraded ping sound on my iPad, but once I learned it was irrevocably broken I stopped enjoying the dulcet tones of Cradle of Filth immediately. I am now wondering how I ever enjoyed my music collection - perhaps I only imagined I did.

silkie

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 9, 2018
Saffron Walden
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, the offer brings something that seems unattainable within reach, at least for me. I don't want to head into the facts and figures of my deal, but I would suggest that even if you are half serious, get in touch with your dealer. I will be ordering this weekend unless my demo goes spectacularly badly. After all I am a DSM convert already.

Last paragraph here sets the scene:
https://www.adventuresinhifi.com/linn-selekt-dsm-new-edition-hub-and-upgrade-to-organik-dac/

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, the offer brings something that seems unattainable within reach, at least for me. I don't want to head into the facts and figures of my deal, but I would suggest that even if you are half serious, get in touch with your dealer. I will be ordering this weekend unless my demo goes spectacularly badly. After all I am a DSM convert already.

Last paragraph here sets the scene:
[URL][URL][URL]https://www.adventur...m-new-edition-hub-and-upgrade-to-organik-dac/[/URL][/URL][/URL]
May we at least ask how your new Selekt Edition DSM will be configured? Looking forward to your impressions.

Last edited:

silkie

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 9, 2018
Saffron Walden
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
May we at least ask what how your new Selekt Edition DSM will be configured? Looking forward to your impressions.
Of course, I'd like the edition in black with a single stereo line out + orgaink dac. I'll be feeding my amps that are Aktiv into M140's. I'm considering the HDMI card but not really feeling the love for it since getting CEC working correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: akamatsu

Solanum

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Of course, I'd like the edition in black with a single stereo line out + orgaink dac. I'll be feeding my amps that are Aktiv into M140's. I'm considering the HDMI card but not really feeling the love for it since getting CEC working correctly.
How can you be running the M140's Aktiv with a single line out?

dol

Wammer
Feb 3, 2019
It would be interesting to compare it to the old Klimax with Organik upgrade 🤔
Rumors are that with the NEW psu and mono ORGANIK it will beat upgraded KDSM/O, however once the new PSU is made available for KDSM the order will be restored. :)
Cant wait to put a new PSU in my KDSM and C3200 amp if made available for those platforms.

dol

Wammer
Feb 3, 2019
That was my thought. I have never seen a decent trade-in for hifi. You can get significantly more on eBay or online forums. I guess it’s convenient to trade for many. Like with cars.
Well is it 2k from Linn? then trader can give 2k more on top and later resell it?

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As a non Linn owner just reading this with a sort of interest but no commitment involved. Can I ask why everyone seems to be so reticent to give full details of what value the Trade In is ? Keeping things secret only makes things for others mre difficult to be able to gauge what would be a good and poor dealers offer surely as fellow users it would be best to share knowledge of the best dealers with the best offers , or is this just me being naive ?

Nestor Turton

Nestor Turton
Wammer
Jan 30, 2019
Nowhere in Particular
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@bencat as I understand it trade-in varies with dealers. Linn offers basic trade-in, but as dealers can resell old kit they can offer more. I’d expect a good trade-in, but would be unhappy if I found a more aggressive negotiator than me got a better deal.

When I sought new windows for my cottage, a salesman quoted a price expecting me to negotiate when I’d asked for his best offer. When he descended to sales tactics, I wished him a pleasant journey home. I bought from another company that didn’t negotiate on price for far less. The “if you say yes now, I’ll give you a discount” tactic always makes me walk away.

So I’ll ask my dealer about a trade-in, but wouldn’t post details hereon, I’m afraid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles