Linn Owners

Linn Subwoofer Questions

snatex

Wammer
Nov 28, 2018
1) In the manual it says when hooking up a 2nd Linn subwoofer to daisy chain them. It shows AV processor to Sub 1 and then Sub 1 to Sub 2. The Linn Kisto has 3 sub outputs though and the ability to program it for 1,2 or 3 subs. Any idea which hookup method will perform better for 2 channel and 5.2? Also, if I do the daisy chain method, only one sub output on the Kisto will be used so would I program the Kisto to have 1 or 2 subs?

2) Positioning tips? The manual just says put it close to the front L or R speaker. No tips for dual subs. Are you guys putting one by each? Next to the speaker or behind it? 

3) I have two Sizmik 10.25’s. On one the fan comes on often and is a little annoying. I think it might be an earlier version than the other. Anyone else know anything about this issue? 

4) Anyone a fan of using “Stereo Sub” mode for 2 channel listening? Any tips on maximizing setup for this? 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Last edited by a moderator:

HansBertil

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 13, 2018
Sweden
AKA
Bertil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
1) In the manual it says when hooking up a 2nd Linn subwoofer to daisy chain them. It shows AV processor to Sub 1 and then Sub 1 to Sub 2. The Linn Kisto has 3 sub outputs though and the ability to program it for 1,2 or 3 subs. Any idea which hookup method will perform better for 2 channel and 5.2? Also, if I do the daisy chain method, only one sub output on the Kisto will be used so would I program the Kisto to have 1 or 2 subs?

2) Positioning tips? The manual just says put it close to the front L or R speaker. No tips for dual subs. Are you guys putting one by each? Next to the speaker or behind it? 

3) I have two Sizmik 10.25’s. On one the fan comes on often and is a little annoying. I think it might be an earlier version than the other. Anyone else know anything about this issue? 

4) Anyone a fan of using “Stereo Sub” mode for 2 channel listening? Any tips on maximizing setup for this? 

Thanks in advance for your help. 
20 hours and no reply. Better bump this. I had a peek in the manuals and it is not obvious how to connect the two subs. In any case I think it is better to run two subs as a stereo pair than to daisy chain them. The bass information isn’t necessary equal in the two channels. Furthermore position the sub close to each main L an R speaker is a good starting point.

Last edited by a moderator:

TooManyCatweazles

Vinyl Junkie with a DSM
Wammer
Jan 16, 2019
Northern Germany
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
20 hours and no reply. Better bump this. I had a peek in the manuals and it is not obvious how to connect the two subs. In any case I think it is better to run two subs as a stereo pair than to daisy chain them. The bass information isn’t necessary equal in the two channels. Furthermore position the sub close to each main L an R speaker is a good starting point.
I was thinking the same, but having no practical experience with 2 subs, I did not post it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveB