Aug 16, 2021
France
AKA
Christophe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I checked yesterday with my laser meter, and:
exactly 0.83 (ears to twitters)!
Thanks again to my dealer tune in, 2 months ago.

The bird feeder is in the garden… so, no influence in the sound I suppose 😂

Last edited:

Chris 1970

Love colors in music
Wammer Plus
Aug 16, 2021
France
AKA
Christophe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In my situation, the location of the feeder directly impacts the locations of the "tweeters." :)

Love to see birds too… should be very nice to see them and listen to music!

We have 6 different bird breeds.
The most surprising are the (wild) rose-ringed parakeet with their magical green color :)

Some of their grand-grand-grand mothers and fathers escaped from cages at the Paris airports long time ago…

What I can tell you: they have good appetite!!!!

Edit: better picture (with a lady… only the man has a rose-ring)

DSC_0858 1.jpg

Last edited:

ThomasOK

LP12 Whisperer, Lejonklou importer
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Westland, MI USA
AKA
Thomas O'Keefe
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
You can adjust that with Taste Optimization :)
Oh, No! You are feeding them digits? I've heard the expression about biting the hand that feeds you but I never imagined it applied to hummingbirds!

I have a couple of bird feeders, one for seed and one for suet and the birds seem quite happy that I keep them filled. They are outside my bedroom window so not combined with my music listening. I don't think parakeets would make it in Michigan winters, but quite a few sparrows, blue jays, morning doves and a few woodpeckers and nuthatches show up. The last two mostly for the suet.

Craigas

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 13, 2018
Would be interesting experiment to create a virtual .83 listening position in space, which in my case would be about 4-5 feet further into the room than my actual listening position.

Reactions: Chris 1970

Craigas

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 13, 2018
BIG NEWS: if your favorite post new years celebration listening position is off axis, as in attached picture, you simply need need to tilt your head to look at the speaker on the right, instead of straight ahead or between the speakers to get the best balanced sound. In this way, your right ear is partially blocked by your head from the dominant left side speaker.
You heard it here first lol.

Attachments

• 20230101_122450.jpg
    20230101_122450.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
BIG NEWS: if your favorite post new years celebration listening position is off axis, as in attached picture, you simply need need to tilt your head to look at the speaker on the right, instead of straight ahead or between the speakers to get the best balanced sound. In this way, your right ear is partially blocked by your head from the dominant left side speaker.
I tried this yesterday. I'm not sure I experienced the full effect. Must be something off with my head geometry. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Chris 1970

Craigas

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 13, 2018
I tried this yesterday. I'm not sure I experienced the full effect. Must be something off with my head geometry. :)

Your correct, the geometry is quite complex, a certain cranium radius is needed to maintain the laminar flow of air molecules towards the ear cavity. Too sharp a turn on the cheekbone, for example, will see the air seperate from the boundary layer effectively reducing the cavities diameter, and you know what that means.

It also takes years of practice to acquire the correct position. The listener must be lying down, feet towards the speakers (body not parallel) and at a 20-25 degree incline on the horizontal, with the head (cranium) tilted at about a 45 degree angle, and looking towards the right or (non dominant) speaker.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: akamatsu

Wenge1

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 19, 2021
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Assuming of course that the ability to tilt one's head post new year's celebrations has not been too badly impaired.

Reactions: Craigas

Craigas

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 13, 2018
I happen to be sitting a little closer than usual, in around row 1 @.83? and it just sounds just fantastic.

Makes me wonder if the. 83 rule apply to the bigger 350's, komri's and larger rooms?

Can the width of the speakers (and listening position distance) increase with room speakers size?

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've posted this elsewhere. Adjusting listening position to the 83% ratio, setting the correct listening position in space optimisation, and finally doing a virtual tunedem in SO has resulted in a nice boost in sound quality.

Thanks to the OP for sharing this tip that has cascaded into more music.

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Love to see birds too… should be very nice to see them and listen to music!

We have 6 different bird breeds.
The most surprising are the (wild) rose-ringed parakeet with their magical green color :)

Some of their grand-grand-grand mothers and fathers escaped from cages at the Paris airports long time ago…

What I can tell you: they have good appetite!!!!

Edit: better picture (with a lady… only the man has a rose-ring)

DSC_0858 1.jpg
If you ever find yourself in Austin, Texas, USA, look up and you may see some green parakeets. Their numbers have been increasing over the years. I did manage to locate their main nesting area; a cellular phone tower.

PDW

New Wammer
Dec 7, 2018
I happen to be sitting a little closer than usual, in around row 1 @.83? and it just sounds just fantastic.

Makes me wonder if the. 83 rule apply to the bigger 350's, komri's and larger rooms?

Can the width of the speakers (and listening position distance) increase with room speakers size?
i have ignored all that has been said in this thread. Instead, I have pondered the calculation of the new feature included in SO2 that now calculates the rotation angle from "Plan South". I have adjusted the inputted angles of rotation so as to give a computed rotation angle of zero in the box identified as rotation from Plan South.

My listening position is exactly in the centre of the room. The above-mentioned alteration works for me quite well.

I have Akudoriks.

Newton John

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
i have ignored all that has been said in this thread. Instead, I have pondered the calculation of the new feature included in SO2 that now calculates the rotation angle from "Plan South". I have adjusted the inputted angles of rotation so as to give a computed rotation angle of zero in the box identified as rotation from Plan South.

My listening position is exactly in the centre of the room. The above-mentioned alteration works for me quite well.

I have Akudoriks.
Perhaps, I’m missing something here, but my understanding of the rotation angles is as follows.

It’s all about setting the toe in of the loudspeakers in space optimisation.

The rotation angle from plan south is a way to enter the orientation of the speaker to the room. This can be measured with say a protractor.

The rotation angle from the listener is just an alternative way of entering essentially the same information measured in a different way.

The relationship between to the rotation angle to plan south and the rotation angle to the listener Is matter of simple geometry.

The rotation angle from plan south would only be set at zero if the speakers have no toe in. Therefore, I am not sure why you’d want to adjust the other angle to give an answer of zero. If there is no toe in, you’d simply set the rotation angle from plan south to be zero.

PDW

New Wammer
Dec 7, 2018
Perhaps, I’m missing something here, but my understanding of the rotation angles is as follows.

It’s all about setting the toe in of the loudspeakers in space optimisation.

The rotation angle from plan south is a way to enter the orientation of the speaker to the room. This can be measured with say a protractor.

The rotation angle from the listener is just an alternative way of entering essentially the same information measured in a different way.

The relationship between to the rotation angle to plan south and the rotation angle to the listener Is matter of simple geometry.

The rotation angle from plan south would only be set at zero if the speakers have no toe in. Therefore, I am not sure why you’d want to adjust the other angle to give an answer of zero. If there is no toe in, you’d simply set the rotation angle from plan south to be zero.
My speakers have very little toe-in. So adjusting the setting as described was feasible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.