Show me your Fooses
Wammer Plus
Jan 16, 2006
Here and there
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well, a massive thanks to Rick (Bandit Pilot) for sending down a rather nice Rega Elicit R from sunny Notts, the sale is tinged with a little sadness because the amp was part of Colin's estate after he passed away - however the sadness is ameliorated by keeping it in the bosom of the 'Wam.
I'm sure Colin would approve that the amp has come to a loving home and I'm sending my heartfelt gratitude to Colin's family.

Thanks Rick, you're a real star 🤗

Colin Wonfor

Wammer
Sep 9, 2016
London
AKA
Lord Earlshore
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just a tiny thought, why can small companies produce lovely sounding kit with normally one human doing the design and big companies like Naim, Marantz that have huge design team and they still sound crap. Maybe to many cooks? Or is it no single human has a original thought in those massive accountant run companies just there for the money not the music or Shakespeare? :devilish:

bigfish786

Wammer
Wammer
May 15, 2013
Yorkshire
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve never listened to any Naim equipment so I’ve no idea what it sounds like, but I do have Marantz. the Vast majority of reviews I’ve read on all Marantz products seem to be very positive. what Is it, in your opinion makes them sound crap? And what is it that boutique brands do so right? Thanks.

• Upvote
Reactions: lazycat and Strider

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well, a massive thanks to Rick (Bandit Pilot) for sending down a rather nice Rega Elicit R from sunny Notts, the sale is tinged with a little sadness because the amp was part of Colin's estate after he passed away - however the sadness is ameliorated by keeping it in the bosom of the 'Wam.
I'm sure Colin would approve that the amp has come to a loving home and I'm sending my heartfelt gratitude to Colin's family.

Thanks Rick, you're a real star 🤗
And a lovely amp 👍🏻

Reactions: Strider

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just a tiny thought, why can small companies produce lovely sounding kit with normally one human doing the design and big companies like Naim, Marantz that have huge design team and they still sound crap. Maybe to many cooks? Or is it no single human has a original thought in those massive accountant run companies just there for the money not the music or Shakespeare? :devilish:
What is the point of this post on this thread? Completely unwarranted

• Upvote
Reactions: lazycat

therealolis

Just Oli
Wammer Plus
Nov 1, 2021
Dumfries&Galloway
AKA
Oli
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
IMHO, the acronym IMHO is rather underused in this thread( and many other threads too) :):(
IMHO the acronym IMHO is completely pointless because why would anybody understand a forum post as anything other than someone's humble opinion? It should not be necessary to point out that that's what it is, every single time.

Anyway, back on topic!

Steveh

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 3, 2007
Darkest Yorkshire
AKA
tallow vendor
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
IMHO the acronym IMHO is completely pointless because why would anybody understand a forum post as anything other than someone's humble opinion? It should not be necessary to point out that that's what it is, every single time.

Anyway, back on topic!
It's a matter of courtesy I guess, rather than giving the impression that someone's integrity is in doubt.

therealolis

Just Oli
Wammer Plus
Nov 1, 2021
Dumfries&Galloway
AKA
Oli
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's a matter of courtesy I guess, rather than giving the impression that someone's integrity is in doubt.
Sure... I wouldn't personally want to give any such impression. But on the other hand I also don't assume that a statement I make is ever regarded anything other than my opinion - actually I will make an effort to point out if I feel that something I say should be accepted as fact on occasion.

So yay from me for courtesy, but in general I just won't take too seriously (or personally?) what I read online.

Strider

Show me your Fooses
Wammer Plus
Jan 16, 2006
Here and there
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Can you post me the Primare paperweight?
Only if you plan on using it as a paperweight. Actually the full Malleus Maleficarum on parchment written with a Swans quill and using Hedgehog spittle for ink. Once you've completed the tome, taken pictures of every page, then I'll post the Primare....:geek:

Reactions: Miller-8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles