Looking for cable recommendations

Sonneteer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 15, 2013
Guildford
Hello everyone,

We often get a little caught up in our own bubble here at Sonneteer towers and we lose track of all the good stuff that goes on outside of our own sphere so we need feedback from the outside world to keep us up to date on all that's good.

So loudspeaker cables and interconnects. What's good these days? We still have a set of QED Kudos(amongst a couple of others) from the 1990's and some Chord company (the purple one I don't know its name) and some Ortofon O79s. They have been doing good service in our listening area for a few years and some of our best products have started life there. But the Millennium has changed since and many more moons have passed so we need some fresh input.

So please we would like to be inspired by something new. What has tickled your system to perform? Even better if you are a Sonneteer owner or have been, what works well?

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Haider.

sonneteer.co.uk

johnniebaby

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 11, 2006
Midlands
AKA
John
Hello everyone,We often get a little caught up in our own bubble here at Sonneteer towers and we lose track of all the good stuff that goes on outside of our own sphere so we need feedback from the outside world to keep us up to date on all that's good.

So loudspeaker cables and interconnects. What's good these days? We still have a set of QED Kudos(amongst a couple of others) from the 1990's and some Chord company (the purple one I don't know its name) and some Ortofon O79s. They have been doing good service in our listening area for a few years and some of our best products have started life there. But the Millennium has changed since and many more moons have passed so we need some fresh input.

So please we would like to be inspired by something new. What has tickled your system to perform? Even better if you are a Sonneteer owner or have been, what works well?

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Haider.

sonneteer.co.uk
:sofa:

68rednose

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 11, 2013
Mainland Europe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So loudspeaker cables and interconnects. What's good these days? Looking forward to your thoughts.
:rofl:

Hello Haider, welcome to the Wam!

In case you haven't been reading along before, in the 6-7 months since I joined there is quite a bit written on cables.

If you need to catch up these threads, I reckon you'll easily make it through the winter and need till spring :) .

Sonneteer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 15, 2013
Guildford
Yes Paul, They have been in the listening set up warming up. I think Remo also tried them at home.

Impressive performance and not crazy prices.

These little gems are often hiding behind the 'pro' audio curtains.

Haider

sonneteer.co.uk

- - - Updated - - -

Haha,

We were hoping you might be able to summarise it all for us Rudy. :)

I have small children, my time is precious.

Haider

sonneteer.co.uk

Gizza

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Mar 12, 2011
Sutton Coldfield
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Haider, I'm going to recommend Audio Synthesis SQ interconnects and their SP speaker cable.. Not cheap, as they're solid silver, but lovely sound quality. They just let the signal pass through very well and very cleanly I.e. minimal colouration and distortion.

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Haider,

I use the stuff that comes out the Naim box but for my CDP/Pre interconnect which is a Chord Anthem and Odyssey speaker cable. Also a Chord (budget end) for my tuner-pre connection.

Regards,

Lindsay

Sonneteer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 15, 2013
Guildford
Hi Haider, I'm going to recommend Audio Synthesis SQ interconnects and their SP speaker cable.. Not cheap, as they're solid silver, but lovely sound quality. They just let the signal pass through very well and very cleanly I.e. minimal colouration and distortion.
Thank you Garry,

Yes solid silver I am sure will do the trick. Like my daughter you have sensible yet expensive taste.

Haider

sonneteer.co.uk

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Lindsay,

Chord even at the budget end tend to be very good. Thanks for sharing. We need to get ourselves more acquainted with them again here at Sonneteer mansions.

Haider

sonneteer.co.uk

- - - Updated - - -

Chord Chameleon Vee 3 interconnect and Odyssey 2 speaker cable.
Thanks Art,

These Chords are getting about. :)

Haider

sonneteer.co.uk

Sonneteer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 15, 2013
Guildford
Thank you Dave. We will.

be interesting to know if we were introducing someone to hifi and wanted to recommend a budget but good starter pack what would be best?

Maybe another thread this?

Haider

sonneteer.co.uk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles