1. Yes
  2. No

jigsaw

Wammer
Jun 21, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi everyone,
As noticed in the Linn thread, I have made my decision !
« Hi,
here is an update, I have made my choice and have bought an old Linn Lp12 with Ittok LVII tonearm from the Linn retailer I’ve made a visit to last week.
I will have to wait for at least one month as major upgrades are planned :
- lingo 4
- karousel
- trampolin
- dynavector MC High level DV20X2 H

Really happy and convinced that I have made the good choice. Thanks all for your help on this thread. »

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi everyone,
As noticed in the Linn thread, I have made my decision !
« Hi,
here is an update, I have made my choice and have bought an old Linn Lp12 with Ittok LVII tonearm from the Linn retailer I’ve made a visit to last week.
I will have to wait for at least one month as major upgrades are planned :
- lingo 4
- karousel
- trampolin
- dynavector MC High level DV20X2 H

Really happy and convinced that I have made the good choice. Thanks all for your help on this thread. »
Great news. Do you have it at home yet? Please let us know how you get on with it. I am particularly interested in your feedback on the Dynavector as I have the Low Output version, at end of life, and was considering a High Output version or getting an MM or MI instead.

Reactions: jigsaw

jigsaw

Wammer
Jun 21, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great news. Do you have it at home yet? Please let us know how you get on with it. I am particularly interested in your feedback on the Dynavector as I have the Low Output version, at end of life, and was considering a High Output version or getting an MM or MI instead.
I will have it in one month, at least. Linn retailer is ordering all the parts for the full upgrade so it will take some time ;)
Sure I will keep you informed regarding the dynavektor !

Reactions: DomT

mac72

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 12, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I will have it in one month, at least. Linn retailer is ordering all the parts for the full upgrade so it will take some time ;)
Good luck on your journey to a better sounding system

DomT

Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wow should be great. And also an iconic looking deck with that arm.

Reactions: jigsaw

jigsaw

Wammer
Jun 21, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello,
some changes actually, just copy/pasting my post from the Linn thread
« Hello,
I have found another alternative that makes more sense, thanks to my retailer.
Finally, I'm buying a demo unit of an LP12 Akurate (the one I have listened to and the one that I liked a lot). This unit hasn't been running for more than 20 hours. It features a Lingo4, Kore, and Akito 3 arm of course.
I will sell the Krystal cartridge to a good friend and the retailer will put the Dynavector on the Akurate :) »

hiesteem

peacebro
Wammer
Feb 6, 2019
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello,
some changes actually, just copy/pasting my post from the Linn thread
« Hello,
I have found another alternative that makes more sense, thanks to my retailer.
Finally, I'm buying a demo unit of an LP12 Akurate (the one I have listened to and the one that I liked a lot). This unit hasn't been running for more than 20 hours. It features a Lingo4, Kore, and Akito 3 arm of course.
I will sell the Krystal cartridge to a good friend and the retailer will put the Dynavector on the Akurate :) »
Yes, it's a good time to buy an Akurate level table, with the release of the Select table still fresh.

jigsaw

Wammer
Jun 21, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hey
I have just received the Linn Akurate LP12 with the Dynavector cartridge DV20x2 H (High Output MC).
I'm just surprised by the setting my retailer did ...
The specs for this cartridge tracking force are 1.8 - 2.2 g and here is the setting on my Akito arm ... just a bit more than 1.5. What do you think ?
Right now, I'm not enthusiastic :'( about the sound ... maybe the time for the cartridge burnin.
Do I need to modify the settings to have a more relaxed sound ? Looks like the current settings are out of the specs in regards of the cartridge.
Thanks for your help.
IMG_9402.JPG

mac72

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 12, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Check actual tracking force with the scale , possibly tonearm wasn't balanced properly with cartridge fitted or it was balanced with a different cartridge and your retailer just swapped cartridges and set tracking force based on the measurement

• Upvote

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Set it on 2.0g but if you have any other scales to check, that would be better as the arm calibrated figures are often wrong

DomT

Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I agree with Mac and Rockstar.

In addition think that @rabski mentioned recently that sometimes High output MCs prefer to not go into an MM stage. So once you have checked that your arm is set up properly and the tracking force is correct also consider the cartridge loading.

• Upvote
Reactions: mac72

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That's not the tracking weight pictured, it's the anti-skate.

• Haha
Reactions: mac72

jigsaw

Wammer
Jun 21, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sorry I’m a bit lost … so it means that I should leave it as it is ?
The tracking force specs (1.8 - 2.2g) has nothing to do with that ?
Am I right ?

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Assuming the tracking weight is indeed set correctly at about 2gm, then on a normal Linn arm, about 1.5 for the anti-skate is about right.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sorry I’m a bit lost … so it means that I should leave it as it is ?
The tracking force specs (1.8 - 2.2g) has nothing to do with that ?
Am I right ?
Correct.

The anti-skate controls the natural sideways force of the arm and has nowt fundamentally to do with the weight. The weight is set by the counterweight at the back of the arm, but with that method, you really need a weight gauge to set it accurately.

jigsaw

Wammer
Jun 21, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Correct.

The anti-skate controls the natural sideways force of the arm and has nowt fundamentally to do with the weight. The weight is set by the counterweight at the back of the arm, but with that method, you really need a weight gauge to set it accurately.
Ok thank you, I will get back to the original setting and let it burn in !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles