Lyngdorf amps

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
4,963
73
93
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Before Hurl says owt, im just curious about this brand, according to what i read in , i think HFN, it was voted or given "best power amp of 2005. And bearing in mind this retails at less than a grand, it just started me wondering if any wigwammers have one, and of course , their thoughts on it.

 
G

Guest

Guest
icehockeyboy wrote:

Before Hurl says owt, im just curious about this brand, according to what i read in , i think HFN, it was voted or given "best power amp of 2005. And bearing in mind this retails at less than a grand, it just started me wondering if any wigwammers have one, and of course , their thoughts on it.
icehockey boy throw that magazine away. they all talk garbage. it's all back handers my friend. borrow kit and bring it home and try it . DO NOT rely on that rubbish they tell you.

 

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
4,963
73
93
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cheers Rude old............but, i was honestly only looking !!
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif


 

musicbox

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
4,262
121
108
Edinburgh
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've got one - the integrated version. It beats a lot of amps that are much more expensive. Dealers should be offering try and buy on it, so no excuse not to give it a go.

 
G

Guest

Guest
icehockeyboy wrote:

Cheers Rude old............but, i was honestly only looking !!
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif
ok my friend. please though don't listen to what they tell you.
smile.png


 

Picard

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
1,518
5
68
London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
heard the tact amps. hi-fi par excellence but not good at communicating the musical message. if you're that way inclined though not much will touch them at their price points.

 

musicbox

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
4,262
121
108
Edinburgh
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I knew he's be along totrot this out, like a broken record every time they get mentioned.

I found it much better than the very boring and sterile sounding Bel Canto integrated that's its nearest rival in technology terms (at 2.5 times the price).

 

dudywoxer

Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
10,280
1,271
0
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
when I was thinking of one they (bob the agent I think) offered a pay for it get your money back type deal. Nowt to loose.

 
E

Effem

Guest
musicbox wrote:

I found it much better than the very boring and sterile sounding Bel Canto integrated that's its nearest rival in technology terms (at 2.5 times the price).
How would you rate it against the PS Audio HCA-2 power amp Alan?Faster? Warmer? Just so I can get an idea of it's tonality

 

musicbox

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
4,262
121
108
Edinburgh
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Effem wrote:

How would you rate it against the PS Audio HCA-2 power amp Alan?Faster? Warmer? Just so I can get an idea of it's tonality
Hmmm... well, like the PS Audio its very neutral. But a good bit cleaner at the top end where I found the HCA-2 to be a bit grainy. Tonally, quite similar, but maybe a bit better extended and faster bass too, maybe because its more powerful - 200W as opposed to the HCA-2s 140W.

The bigger difference is that the TacT/Lyngdorf amp is 'deeper'... by that I mean the soundstage is bigger and deeper and it does a better job of getting the music free of the speakers and into the room compared to the PS Audio. It also does better 'texture' like rasping trumpets, thwacking drums, biting strings that kind of thing.... maybe that's what Picard means by Hifi -if so, thenI like it.

 

Jezzer

Passionate
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
9,809
1,189
193
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The TacT SDAi2175 is smooth and detailed with tight and controlled bass. Unfortunately didn't gel too well with my kit at the time (Unico cd and Dynaudio Contour 1.3mk2).

As Dudy says, you can get one on loan. I did.

For not much more you could get a 2nd hand Krell KAV400xi, which I personally think is much better - and so it should be given its price. I see there are a couple for around £1,500 on hififorsale.com.

 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
109,313
Messages
2,317,624
Members
69,453
Latest member
k23435