MAC Mini & Apple TV questions

Noffua

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 1, 2009
Suffolk, UK
Just got myself a new MAC Mini and I have hooked it up via HDMI to my 1080p TV. The display resolution is not good at all when set to 1080p - best resolution I have achieved so far is when its set to 720p - any advice on what I need to do to improve resolution please?

The plan I have is to locate the MAC Mini in my listening room as a music source (no TV there) and the keyboard/mouse in the TV room (no stereo) for when I am browsing. IPad is my display and remote when I am listening. Bloke at the Apple Store recommended using Apple TV to serve as a wireless link for such an application. Been trying to get the Apple TV to engage my TV purely as a monitor but having no joy. Any suggestions or solutions would be appreciated.

Beyond you

Tuesday Music Night’s Est:1978
Wammer Plus
Feb 4, 2013
Hants
AKA
Matt
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Have you adjusted the resolution in settings on your Mac Mini? I use my Mac Mini using HDMI through my Marantz amp then to my TV, great picture and sound. Also stream to IPad and IPhone in the house with no probs. I'm really happy with the sound but wonder if a DAC would still improve sound for my Mac Mini?

Noffua

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 1, 2009
Suffolk, UK
Yes, I have tried adjusting resolution settings but 720p is visually the best. At 1080p setting on the MAC Mini, I can hardly read the screen and that is poor for a HD TV!

Noffua

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 1, 2009
Suffolk, UK
Mine works on 1080p but text looks better on 720p. Anyway, discovered a strange phenomenon with my Panasonic plasma. The Apple TV would not work properly if it is connected to the same TV as the Mini. When swapped with a Samsung TV in the same configuration it works!

Maro73

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 10, 2010
Arras, , France
AKA
EDUN
Hi

Macmini version 2010 works fine with a 32 inch TV , and Apple Tv 2 works nice at 720 p

Please verifie the HDMI cable ..

And concerning the DAC issue : yes for sure , you can try the USB for linking with a DAC or the Optical output (headphone out with a toslink adapter)

Cheers

Sir_Franc

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 10, 2005
East Sussex
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Does your tv support 1080p? Some plasma's for example will only support 1080i or 720p. My Panasonic plasma is like that so I have the Freesat HD set at 720p for better picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles