Mac to Dac connection question

bonzo

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 13, 2013
London
Hi I am trying to connect my Mac to a Rega dac and to an Audio Research Dac 8 (separately of course)

I have gone to system Preferences, Sound, and selected the Output as the USB Dac (for Rega). I havae also installed the AR driver and can select it in the Sound Output drop down.

However, when I play the song in itunes, the output keeps coming out of the laptop speakers. Can somebody help? I also installed Bit Perfect today. I am playing a flac lossless file that I converted using flactunes flac converter.

Connecting through USB 2.0

bonzo

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 13, 2013
London
Also the Dac is being connected to a Krell integrated, s300i, using interconnects. They are going into Krell's S-1 input and coming out of Rega's Analog output. Not sure where they should come out of Dac8, but I tried the two outputs available

roob

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 22, 2009
stoke-on-trent, ,
AKA
andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is there a small speaker icon next to the dac that you have selected in audio midi if not go to the small cog icon at the bottom of the pane and click use this device for sound output.

Also check in system preferences/hardware/sound that usb dac is selected.

Toe rag

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 17, 2009
Paignton, , United K
AKA
Chris
Why not try Audirivanna for Flac files on Mac unless you like itunes for some reason I realise this doesnt answer your question.I did have the same problem once but cant remember the cure it was probably something like turn off computer and start again.

bonzo

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 13, 2013
London
Hi guys, thanks - it was both audio midi and the Bit perfect also has its own output selection that has to be done from its preferences section

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles