Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2009
Scotland
AKA
happy enough
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am just after guidance ,I am going to make up some leads for my hifi ,but also some leads to plug in backing tracks etc to XLR etc ,studio spares used to sell many different wires in metered lengths it doesn't seem to ,also some regular others only selling 29 etc meteres the cost is much more than I want to spend ,but I might just get some basic pre made wires sand change the plugs , or has any one got say 4 or 5 metres of thin ish signal cables they might sell me ,or make up for me . Even microphone cable . Off cut sort of thing thank you rich

Bogart

Bogart
Wammer
Nov 18, 2020
Norwich
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Some of the time is just as cheap to buy made up if lengths are not unusual. Though having said that I make most of mine up.:rolleyes:

steve1138

Steve1138
Wammer
Mar 19, 2020
Renchen, Germany
AKA
Stephen Youd
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Designacable.com sell it by the metre, i would highly recommend the Mogami brand balanced cable.
Yes I used Mogami quad balanced with gold plated Neutrik plugs for the Atmos surround channels in my home cinema to go from my Anthem AVM-90 controller to the Linn Chakra 4100 \B power amps at the back of the room I connected the two blues and two clears at each end to double the conductor cross section and reduce resistance. I also oriented them with the start of the printing on the outer screen towards the power amp end and the end of the printing at the source end in case there was any directionality effect. This was based on the directional marking of the Linn cables and working through the sequenceof production steps from wire drawing, spooling and unspooling in each subsequent production step to the final cable

Last edited:
Reactions: lowendall

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles