Bastard
Wammer Plus
Dec 6, 2006
City of Bradford,
AKA
robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
since I got my okki nokki from big dur I have cleaned 110 lps, that would be £440, I paid £250, it was second hand, theres nothing more to say

• Upvote
Reactions: griffy

bandit pilot

Comfortably Numb
Staff member
Jul 19, 2007
North Nott's
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
since I got my okki nokki from big dur I have cleaned 110 lps, that would be £440, I paid £250, it was second hand, theres nothing more to say
That's the same as saying a new machine would pay for itself after cleaning 220. Hardly a massive collection by anybody's standards. But, this chap makes his living by charging for things that we take for granted. We being owners of cleaning machines. I'm sure there are people out there that would consider it a bargain, just as long as it doesn't involve 2 way shipping charges on top. £10 a record would really be going some!

MCRU

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Sep 28, 2009
Huddersfield
AKA
David Brook
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Cheap record cleaning machines clean 1 side at once, unless the surface you put the record on is immaculately clean you are cleaning one side and then putting the cleaned side back on a dirty surface, the cleaning includes a free mofi sleeve with every record cleaned and if you could be arsed reading before you criticize the service I use clearaudios own fluid which is £120 for 5 litres retail. I don't use DIY fluid and take this seriously, if anyone wants to come and clean a few themselves and see how long each one takes then £4 each is peanuts. Of course I could do it for free but someone would still have a moan as is human nature. ;-)

Bandit pilot is correct, thanks for a meaningful and constructive contribution to this thread.

Merry Christmas.

MCRU

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Sep 28, 2009
Huddersfield
AKA
David Brook
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
The only contact with the clean side of a record on a Moth is with the velvet pads each side of the vacum opening of the machine so no contact with a

dirty surface at all & I believe the Moth is one of the cheapest machines. :D
hi

it's about £500 which is quite a chunk of dough, if you don't have a massive collection then getting the vinyl cleaned better than you can do yourself is a good option

bandit pilot

Comfortably Numb
Staff member
Jul 19, 2007
North Nott's
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The more I think about this, the more sense it makes.

If we sat and worked out how much we've spent on gear, it's surely logical to optimize the music we play on it.

Good luck getting this one going. :^

browellm

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2008
Good luck with the service. I don't think it's expensive to clean some treasured records. After all, you're not going to be sending 50p charity shop finds here.

Premium service for premium records.

And is it wrong to just get a little bit horny about that record cleaner? :love:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OpenSea_0