Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would put my money on a decent bottle of Merlot, and have done. I shall be partaking in it, rather than watching that shite.

G

I would put my money on a decent bottle of Merlot, and have done. I shall be partaking in it, rather than watching that shite.
Have tried to find a Mercury Music Prize year that'd be more to your taste.

But it only goes back to 1992.

la toilette

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 7, 2010
Par la rivière Yeo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Dunno who'll win, but my three favourites (in this order):

Jake Bugg - admittedly totally retro but interesting enough to have me looking forward to his imminent 2nd album.

Rudimental - pop-tastic but when forced to listen to R1 or Kiss by my kids, I find the songs quite hum-alongy.

Arctic Monkeys - better than their previous 2 albums imo, shame the lead has become determined to dress like Mr Hawley (@16). Must be a Sheffield thing.

I hope James Blake comes last. Shite.

G

Dunno who'll win, but my three favourites (in this order):Jake Bugg - admittedly totally retro but interesting enough to have me looking forward to his imminent 2nd album.

Rudimental - pop-tastic but when forced to listen to R1 or Kiss by my kids, I find the songs quite hum-alongy.

Arctic Monkeys - better than their previous 2 albums imo, shame the lead has become determined to dress like Mr Hawley (@16). Must be a Sheffield thing.

I hope James Blake comes last. Shite.
:upgrade:

Laura Marling for me.

Bowie, if my heart was voting.

And the Cheeky Northern Monkeys, who just keep getting better.

All in all its a strong list, with no sign of a Speech Dabelle debacle.

Eckythump

Numpty
Wammer
Oct 2, 2009
Lancashire Lad
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Superb album from Laura Marling deserves the prize but the Mercury lot like to throw a few curve balls now and then. In the past it always felt like they gave it to the artist they could drag more sales out of by sticking the prize badge on the cd case. Then they seemed to get a bit random in their choices to try and regain credibility.

rockabillybass

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 2, 2008
AKA
Martin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jake Bugg is my choice.

Laura Marling second. I think her previous album is better than the latest one.

I wouldn't waste my time on the rest. Nothing of interest there..

G

Apparently Lauren Laverne announced him as James Blunt when he got up to perform earlier in the evening.Cheers BB
Nowt better than a Lauren Laverne slip of the tongue :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles