Wammer
Nov 27, 2009
northants
AKA
paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Continuing the sale of my high end equipment to fund urgent building works next up is my Meridian 507 24 bit CD player. I bought this CD player during lockdown last year whilst my £5k Shanling cd was sent away to John Gordon for a service and revalve. I have owned both Meridian 506.24 and 508.24 in the past and this continues the tradition of stunningly well built and engineered CD players from the masters of digital reproduction. Amazing dynamic analogue sounding player.

I must say this is in unbelievable condition one of the best I have seen, one small mark on the top front edge and some slight shining on the black finish around the open button otherwise it is immaculate, all the wording is still as new and the glass top is perfect no scratches whatsoever. It comes complete with power cord and upgraded Meridian remote control from the G series. The CD player and remote have performed flawlessly since I have owned it but I am using the balanced out of my other CD player so this needs a new home. I'm looking to recoup what I paid which is £595 plus shipping. (there are slightly cheaper versions around but NOT in this condition !) I do not have the original packaging but I do have a polystyrene lined box that it came in which will protect it so willing to ship with relevant insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TheFlash

egg1dog

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 27, 2009
northants
AKA
paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Bump - thought this excellent rare player would attract more interest on here, waiting for the £1 selling offer to list on the bay.

egg1dog

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 27, 2009
northants
AKA
paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Bump - absolute stone cold bargain, has the more modern G Series remote control.

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Where does this stand compared the the 506 (which I owned) and the 508 (which I now own)?

egg1dog

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 27, 2009
northants
AKA
paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Hi Lawrence,

I have had both the 506.24 and the 508.24

What I can say is it has better resolution and transparency than the 506.24 it really is an excellent player that still competes with high end players of today. Regarding the 508.24 it's hard to compare. From memory I used my 508.24 with its xlr outputs so not being able to do an A-B comparison the 507 has the same resolution and transparency but dynamically I would imagine the 58.24 would have the edge being a more expensive machine. If using both through the rca outputs it would be much closer. Nonetheless a very capable player.

egg1dog

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 27, 2009
northants
AKA
paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Bump and more pics, this really deserves a good home, iconic CD player from. the digital masters, ultra silent transport just an amazing solid CD player for not a lot of outlay.

image0-2.jpeg

image1-2.jpeg

image2-1.jpeg

image3-1.jpeg

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I saw this player when I collected a sub a couple of months ago 

all I can say is this Wammer keeps his gear immaculate..

I’m tempted myself for a replacement for my Sony SCD 777ES if it has a wobbly.. I do rate this player as there isn’t much I’d trade the Sony in for ..

GLWS

Reactions: egg1dog

egg1dog

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 27, 2009
northants
AKA
paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I saw this player when I collected a sub a couple of months ago 

all I can say is this Wammer keeps his gear immaculate..

I’m tempted myself for a replacement for my Sony SCD 777ES if it has a wobbly.. I do rate this player as there isn’t much I’d trade the Sony in for ..

GLWS
Cheers Julian,

Bump and price drop to £475

egg1dog

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 27, 2009
northants
AKA
paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Come on People , This IS a bargain , someone should buy it 

I have the 508 and its a cracker of a CD player 
Weekend bump I'm gobsmacked the knowledgable members on here haven't snapped up this iconic player!

The performance it offers for peanuts is a no-brainer. I've had the Esoteric K05X IMHO apart from no sacd option you are not losing any performance and a much quieter transport to boot !

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Try and find a better CD player for £475 in lovely condition.. 

You Won’t. Fact !!!!

It’s smart to look at as well , not your run of the mill black box ..it will hold that price all day long if looked after . and probably more as your older players give up the ghost and enthusiasts look for a quality player as a replacement..

If I hadn’t already got 2 great  players I would jump on it that’s for sure and I’m still tempted …

Reactions: egg1dog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles