Modwright phonostage

myrman

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 26, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Does anyone here have any experience with the Modwright SWP 9.0 phonostage? Looking for opinions. Its now discontinued I think.

Jul 14, 2006
Redcar
AKA
Andy
Hi Nick

I currently use the SWP 9.0se. Have had it for over 4 years. Very pleased and not thinking of changing it either

As far as I am concerned it does everything right and nothing wrong for me that is.

It does not exaggerate anything, even handed, not forward sounding at all, does the highs lows and everything in between.

It is adjustable for cartridge load too.

A bit of tube rolling can change the presentation a bit too.

In the past I have used an Audio Valve 'Sunilda' and Tom Evens 'Groove' and a very nice Audio note M1 RIAA Special.

Currently use a Mysonic Eminent cartridge with the phono and have used Koetsu Black and Dynavector DV 20x along with others, never had any problems or issues with them.

Hope that helps.

Andy - SDDW

B

BD Audio

If you have anything specific to ask I'll be glad to pass any questions on to Dan for you Nick.

myrman

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 26, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for the input Andy. Described as I would suspect.

If you have anything specific to ask I'll be glad to pass any questions on to Dan for you Nick.
Not specifically Jack. Its just that I have seen one for sale and you know how it is, just wondering if I should give it a try and I cant get a demo. Surprised they stopped making it tbh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online