Mounting speakers on stands - Blue Tack?

Linear

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 7, 2022
Lancashire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just wondering how people mount there speakers on stands.
I use Blue Tack but is there a better way?

Reactions: MVJ

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just wondering how people mount there speakers on stands.
I use Blue Tack but is there a better way?
Yes sorbothane. Sonic Design make some reasonably priced stuff. Just pick the size for your spkr weight. I use them & would recommend them.
http://www.wavelength-distribution.com/ these people sell the stuff in U.K.
Good luck.
sdfeet1.jpg

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had never heard of black tack before, is it any different to blue tack, apart from the colour?
I've never found a need to stick my speakers to the stands with anything tbh🤔

Reactions: Linear

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for the tip. Are they easy to remove, for replacement or if no longer required?
Yeah they will just peel off again I also find it easier to tilt the speaker forward or backward just add one on to the rear or front ones & they just come off if not required👍

Sotosound

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 27, 2014
Buckinghamshire
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've found that the amount of Blu Tack used affects the sound.

When I borrowed some Russell K Black 50s recently they sounded best with blobs no larger than a single petit poi.

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
With some veneers and/or vinyl cabinets, BluTack can stick too well and you end up pulling off the veneer. Or permanently staining it.

It’s very versatile though, as you can try different sized blobs - as mentioned above - and if you remove and re-seat the speakers once or twice a year then it shouldn’t stick fast.

Unless I was trying to avoid the cabinets toppling onto children, I’d choose alternative gels, pads or discs these days. Or designs that can be bolted together.

Last edited:

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
With some veneers and/or vinyl cabinets, BluTack can stick too well and you end up pulling off the veneer. Or permanently staining it.

It’s very versatile though, as you can try different sized blobs - as mentioned above - and if you remove and re-seat the speakers once or twice a year then it shouldn’t stick fast.

Unless I was trying to avoid the cabinets toppling onto children, I’d choose alternative gels, pads or discs these days. Or designs than can be bolted together.
I think an oil leaks from the blu tack and penetrates the veneer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online