Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It is with great reluctance that I’m offering my wonderful Mowgan Audio Ogma loudspeakers for sale. I still love them to bits and they are some of the finest passive loudspeakers I have ever heard, but they are no longer in use in my main system and I’m not allowed to use them for reviewing so, sadly, they are getting very little use, which is a crying shame.

For those who don’t know them, they were made by Mowgan Audio in Scotland, which was a small company set up by two gents – Bill Bridge and Graham Wilson - as a bit of a retirement project. All of their models were hand-built in Scotland using no fancy trickery – just high quality components and drive units in beautifully finished, hefty cabinets which are fine-tuned using accelerometer measurements to assess their vibrational behaviour. Finally, they were all voiced and tuned by someone who knew what he was doing!

The Ogmas were the top of the range model and comprise a 12” bass driver and 4” midrange driver along with a radial ribbon tweeter. All internal cabling is ViaBlue and you’ll find a healthy dose of high quality components from the likes of Mundorf and Clarity in the crossover. The cabinets are finished in real cherry veneer and have matching plinths that were re-veneered for me by Bill at Mowgan Audio as they were quite battered when I bought the speakers. In addition he made me grilles for them – these were not generally offered as an option to the general public so are a real rarity! They also come with a full set of ViaBlue spikes and the original Mowgan protective plastic transit covers for the front baffle.

The cabinets are generally in excellent condition barring two small marks shown in the pictures. The out of focus one is on the side and the clearer one is on the back!

Other vital statistic are:
Dimensions - 109.5cm 38cm 36cm
Weight – 39kg each
Frequency Range - 35Hz-60Khz +/-3db
Impedance – 4 Ohms (minimum 3.67 Ohms at 1250Hz)
Sensitivity – 91dB max at 2.83V

They retailed at over £8000 per pair when new and I’m looking for £2950 for them. They are available for collection only from Hampshire as they are very heavy. Obviously you’re very welcome to hear them in action before parting with any hard-earned, and I’ll even make you a brew!

IyLxK5P.jpg

Csb5LzE.jpg

JDX1eP1.jpg

zUbMuFV.jpg

6IqNpvU.jpg

pmcuk

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 12, 2015
Kensington, London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I thought you were making all this up until I read about the "retired blokes" in Scotland. I bet they put their hearts into the project.

There seems to be nothing on the internet about them. But obviously a lot of love went into each pair.

Reactions: Beobloke

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I thought you were making all this up until I read about the "retired blokes" in Scotland. I bet they put their hearts into the project.

There seems to be nothing on the internet about them. But obviously a lot of love went into each pair.
There isn't much since their website went offline after they closed doors last year. The wayback machine does have an archive of some of their site, including the Ogma page:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190623194148/http://www.mowgan-audio.co.uk:80/ogma.html

Reactions: deggie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles