Feb 6, 2006
Oxfordshire
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
hi,

i need to 'expand' my music collection, i am after 'fun' music like Dr Hook, ELO and Billy Joel etc, music that is easy to listen to but is fun
smile.png

guitars, vocals and a good beat lol

any ideas?

(dont mind 60's-70's-80's or newer
wink.png
)

chezi61

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Fife , Scotland.
Hiya , try and get a hold of some They Might be Giants and Colorblind James Experience ; Colorblind James Experience , the latter seems to be a deleted title but this is one stonkin feel good album. There is a vinyl version on fleabay or you can buy the import from USA for
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
:shock::shock:100 dollars.

Considering a move to Memphis is class.
biggrin.png

chezi.

HoopsOnToast

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 6, 2006
Oxfordshire
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
ta, any specific albums (of either), there a loads on amazon....

(just listened to the clips on amazon of 'flood', sounds good lol)

kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
that's not fun music.

fun music is

Barnes and Barnes.

HoopsOnToast

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 6, 2006
Oxfordshire
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
yup, planning on getting that, my dads got it on record with the original poster and mobile set
biggrin.png
:cool:

G

Oh not the dreaded Dad quote :shock:pass me the Absynth . The Passage of time is far too cruel:sos:

G

Too be honsest i got a little bit into ELO when everyone was listening to aftermath of Punk. Its was quite cool in public school circles but as most of my mate went to the local comp i was more of an embarrasment:p

HoopsOnToast

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 6, 2006
Oxfordshire
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
well i love music that isnt all that serious thats a bit quirky, simple feel good music, thats what it is
biggrin.png

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For something which is fun anda little different, I like Paul Anka's 'Rock Swings'

anka_paul~~_rockswing_101b.jpg

http://www.vervemusicgroup.com/product.aspx?pid=11276&ob=bf&src=lb

Blurb from Verve:

"Sonically amazing, musically impeccable, vocally superb,this albumswings hard from start to finish. Crank it loud on a great stereo. Crank it loud in your car with the windows open and the top down. This is fun music, this is music to drink cocktails to, this is a seriously fun album that seriously swings hard!

Beginning his career by entering amateur contests and sneaking into clubs, Paul Anka has gone on to become one of the most prolific, successful songwriters in history. This year marks his 47th Anniversary in show business, which he celebrates with theJune 7thGlobalrelease of his latest album, "Rock Swings." It is a concept that takes rock hits from the 80's and adds a swing arrangement to give them a completely different, and fresh new sound. Songs like "Jump" by Van Halen, "Smells like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana, "Wonderwall" by Oasis."

G

B0000025DV.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V64370240_.jpg

Just been listening to this and it still sounds pretty good. Recording quality is very good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles