Music Autobiography and other good reads

P

purplepleaser

Hi

Not sure if this should be here or get better responses in the music part. So to the point good music books, autobiography, etc and stuff apart from classical will do.

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Riding Shotgun with Rory Gallagher was an interesting read. Written/told by his long time bass player Gerrry McAvoy. A bit of a tight wad was Rory by all accounts. Although the wages were disclosed the end of tour bonuses weren't.

P

purplepleaser

thanks. Might have a look at the Pete Townshend book also

Ozexpat

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
the brewhouse
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For a laugh try White Line Fever by Lemmy.

Most recently I read Rick Wakeman's autobiog Say Yes ! followed by Grumpy Old Rockstar: and Other Wondrous Stories and Further Adventures of a Grumpy Old Rockstar. A prog God he may be, but the books are far from po-face.

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For a laugh try White Line Fever by Lemmy. Most recently I read Rick Wakeman's autobiog Say Yes ! followed by Grumpy Old Rockstar: and Other Wondrous Stories and Further Adventures of a Grumpy Old Rockstar. A prog God he may be, but the books are far from po-face.
I saw him perform with his son Adam quite a few years ago. His banter and tales of on the road were a damn site more entertaining than the music. He was also very funny on the Saturday morning radio show that he used to host.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles