kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
a short body EMT950
wink.png

looks like a broadcast turntable, if you ask me...

smegger68

With your sister, somewhere you wouldn't like.
Wammer
Jan 18, 2006
Bridgend
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Bloody transports... make sod all difference....
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

Seriously, that's a very nice bit of kit. What cart are you going to use?

enbee23

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 22, 2005
North of Scotland,
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
e_t_m, just curious but is the "Used HiFi & Record Dealer" thing your main or secondary income?

There always seem to be big new toys showing up in your possession. Is it a case of one in and one out or do you have a warehouse?

smile.png

Congrats on the EMT, looks great.

btw, the person who told you that the X-overs on the red Yamahas had been tweaked may have been "exaggerating" a little. Better terminals and different internal wiring (messy) but no component changes.

enjoy_the_music

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2006
Brittany , France
AKA
Farmer Rich
Yes i have a company here in France. Strasbourg Audio.

Yes many things come in and out but a few stay, it is my main income yes.

Unfortunately more than most part company as we're trying to buy a house here in strasbourg and they are very expensive. Its difficult as you know you can get sentimental over these things.

Re: Yamahas - i'll have to dig out my records from this sale to check!

enbee23 wrote:

e_t_m, just curious but is the "Used HiFi & Record Dealer" thing your main or secondary income?There always seem to be big new toys showing up in your possession. Is it a case of one in and one out or do you have a warehouse?

smile.png

btw, the person who told you that the X-overs on the red Yamahas had been tweaked may have been "exaggerating" a little. Better terminals and different internal wiring (messy) but no component changes.

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
Last time I looked Nick, the guy was still selling them on the auctions @ yahoo.co.jp - seems to have moved onto Diatone 1000's too IIRC. The info for the 'mods' was on there (although trying to work out whats being said through google translator is challenging!) - I even saw an identical red pair
biggrin.png

doesn't seem to have any running at the minute though

enbee23

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 22, 2005
North of Scotland,
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
enjoy_the_music wrote:

Yes i have a company here in France. Strasbourg Audio.Yes many things come in and out but a few stay, it is my main income yes.

Unfortunately more than most part company as we're trying to buy a house here in strasbourg and they are very expensive. Its difficult as you know you can get sentimental over these things.

Re: Yamahas - i'll have to dig out my records from this sale to check!

enbee23 wrote:

e_t_m, just curious but is the "Used HiFi & Record Dealer" thing your main or secondary income?There always seem to be big new toys showing up in your possession. Is it a case of one in and one out or do you have a warehouse?

smile.png

Wasn't meant as a "dig", sorry if it read that way. I've been meaning to mention it to you and/or Biscuit at some point and it just popped into my head while I was writing that post.

Had a standard pair of Yamahas pass through my hands recently so did the obvious thing and popped the crossovers out to compare. The red speakers have been rewired (untidily) with what looks like silver or silver plated wire but the crossover components were identical.

I'm not complaining though as they sound lush.

biggrin.png

multiYam.jpg

Four of these in one small room was a little much, or so I was told
smile.png

enbee23

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 22, 2005
North of Scotland,
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Biscuit wrote:

Last time I looked Nick, the guy was still selling them on the auctions @ yahoo.co.jp - seems to have moved onto Diatone 1000's too IIRC. The info for the 'mods' was on there (although trying to work out whats being said through google translator is challenging!) - I even saw an identical red pair
biggrin.png
doesn't seem to have any running at the minute though
Oooooh! Do you have a little linky?

More red ones??? Can't be having that, one respray coming up
biggrin.png

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
I'm going to keep an eye out - not sure if you remember but I posted a picture of some uber bling black and gold NS-1000's from the same chap a while ago.

I seem to remember the claim was that the mods were 'tuned by ears' by a Japanese Jazz Muso.

Leonard Smalls

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Shropshire Borders,
I used to use EMTs a lot in the days of working for Auntie Beeb...

Good solid pieces of kit, but imho vastly over-priced on the market at the moment. They were very capable in a studio, where build quality and reliability were paramount, but in a home environment I feel they're somewhat outclassed.

This, hovever, may be because our EMTs always had Stanton carts (you don't want to cue up or God forbid go backwards with a nice cart!), into Quad 303 pre amps, Quad powers and Spendor/Rogersspeakers, but the modded Garard 301s we also used to use sounded much more musical to my somewhat jaded ears.

Do we have a "sorry to piss on your parade" emoticon?
wink.png

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
kennyk wrote:

a short body EMT950
wink.png
looks like a broadcast turntable, if you ask me...
Spot on, ive used one or two of these in me time......auto cue in if i remember correctly, ( as in stick arm on record, and use button to move platter forwards and back) Plus coloured dots to help process , line up at certain point for 33 45 etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles