Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Are you happy with them ? Was very impressed when I unpacked mine
biggrin.png
, now sadly filling up at a rate too fast me to even listen to the records - damn addictive, lovely vinyl
wub.png

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ikea are doing real wood veneer cubes (singles, doubles and quadruples) at a nifty price. This could be the answer to many peoples record storage problems.

They have the cheap white bookcase divided into cubes too which also work well.

Uzzy

jonjin

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 22, 2005
London
uzzy wrote:

Ikea are doing real wood veneer cubes (singles, doubles and quadruples) at a nifty price. This could be the answer to many peoples record storage problems.They have the cheap white bookcase divided into cubes too which also work well.

Uzzy
Have you got the names for the cubes? I saw the big bookshelf which divides into boxes but what I really need are individual boxes that I can move them around in...

JJ

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Emma Royd wrote:

griffo104 wrote:
biggrin.png
, now sadly filling up at a rate too fast me to even listen to the records - damn addictive, lovely vinyl
wub.png
Yes Simon there excellent,can't do this picture lark,dopey sod.

Anything wrong with this?

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f363/floydrd/100_jpg.
Ray,

if you have the photo in photobucket and you can see it - which I can't as the page fails, then you may have to select to make the picture available for public viewing - it's an option on there (somewhere I forget where exactly).

Emma Royd

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
May 10, 2006
Dartford
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
griffo104 wrote:

Emma Royd wrote:
griffo104 wrote:
biggrin.png
wub.png
Yes Simon there excellent,can't do this picture lark,dopey sod.

Anything wrong with this?

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f363/floydrd/100_jpg.
Ray,

if you have the photo in photobucket and you can see it - which I can't as the page fails, then you may have to select to make the picture available for public viewing - it's an option on there (somewhere I forget where exactly).
I'll have a look Simon,but I get bloody angry:grrr:with myself with this sort of thing.

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
They are called TRABY with two dots over the A. They are in Ashe veneer (natural no stain so look great)

They come in single cubes at £20

Double cubes at £30

quads at £45.

Page 150 and 345 of current cateologue.

So sorry you guys who bought plain mdf ones for more money but these are the answer to a dream. You can also buy doors and shelved to put in the cubes to provide a place for nick nacks.

Uzzy

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
uzzy wrote:

They are called TRABY with two dots over the A. They are in Ashe veneer (natural no stain so look great)They come in single cubes at £20

Double cubes at £30

quads at £45.

Page 150 and 345 of current cateologue.

So sorry you guys who bought plain mdf ones for more money but these are the answer to a dream. You can also buy doors and shelved to put in the cubes to provide a place for nick nacks.

Uzzy
Yeah but buying those means a trip to (shudders) Ikea - I would rather stab one of my vital organs with something very sharp rather than venture in to one of their stores.

I love vinyl, but not that much.

Emma Royd

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
May 10, 2006
Dartford
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
griffo104 wrote:

Yeah but buying those means a trip to (shudders) Ikea - I would rather stab one of my vital organs with something very sharp rather than venture in to one of their stores.

I love vinyl, but not that much.
Got a picture on Simon,by link in the 1st post,don't know how,but at least I'm getting some sort of a result,I'll try and do another of the state of the otherend at the moment.

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have to agree with you there - but she who must be obeyed let me havea pair of art Impressions in the lounge and so I have to go to Ikea :(but I would rather have a pair of impressions and go to ikea than stabe meself in the vital organs.

Uzzy

Arfa

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 29, 2006
London, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
uzzy wrote:

They are called TRABY with two dots over the A. They are in Ashe veneer (natural no stain so look great)
Couldn't seem to find them in their search engine, eve when typed with an umlaut. I presume you mean these though:-

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?cattype=sub&topcategoryId=15561&categoryId=17068&parentCats=15561*15639*15651&storeId=7&catalogId=10103&langId=-20

Look good. I'm intrigued if lp's still fit, if you were to put the door on the boxes. Could be a nice way to keep dust and curious toddler finger away from discs.

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Oops not sure with the door on - but memory tells me they were 15 inches deep or was it 13? go and see lol

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ray,

Nice one looking good - prefer the way they look in your room than the units you had last week when I visited - just for vinyl as well, which I think is better.

What are you doing with the old units ?

How long is it going to take you to transfer all them records ? Don't do yourself a mischief.

Emma Royd

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
May 10, 2006
Dartford
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
griffo104 wrote:

Ray,Nice one looking good - prefer the way they look in your room than the units you had last week when I visited - just for vinyl as well, which I think is better.

What are you doing with the old units ?

How long is it going to take you to transfer all them records ? Don't do yourself a mischief.
I'm keeping five of the old units,three are the base for the new ones and I've used two others,one each side of the rack.

The other five I've sold,tenner each,hopefully they willbe picked up over the weekend.

The kitchens full of the boxes the new ones came in,I'll be cutting them up for LP mailing stiffeners:cool:

Should'nt take me that long to xfer,famous last words,but I can now double up give or take to what was already in the room,so won't be five minutes.

Emma Royd

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
May 10, 2006
Dartford
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
pamela andersons gusset wrote:

Thats what I was trying to do PAG ,I'm crap on computers,was it you who hacked;) into my pathetic attempt a few months ago to get some pictures on here.

Me and computers just don't get on, to the extent that I was pleased to eventually get those links on,lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OpenSea_0