My Shiny New Bit of Kit thread.....tell us what you've bought.

G

OK, so you've just spent your hard earned on a fancy new bit of photography kit.

• What did you get?
  • What did you part with?
  • Has it changed your life?

A photo would be nice.

To get things started:

images

No more back ache when going for those low down tripod shots.

100 squid off of eBay.

gintonic

Noise, distortion & faff
Wammer Plus
Apr 25, 2012
no where
AKA
simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
OK, so you've just spent your hard earned on a fancy new bit of photography kit.
  • What did you get?
  • What did you part with?
  • Has it changed your life?

A photo would be nice.

To get things started:

images

No more back ache when going for those low down tripod shots.

100 squid off of eBay.
:^ :^ I've had a Canon Angle finder for a few years now - very useful - took some interesting low held architectural photos in Cambodia last summer using it. That reminds me I must dig it out of the kit bag and see if it fits on my new EOS 5D mk3 body........whats the betting it doesn't (my eyepeice extender didn't) knowing Canon.........

Sumdumgi

Interstellar Overdriver
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
Durham
AKA
Les
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
fujifilm-x100-black-edition.jpg

Bought a Fuji X100 Black Edition few weeks back. Unfortunately did my ankle ligaments the day it arrived and subsequently in addition had some back problems which have kept me mostly tied to home so not got to use it much yet :(

It's nice for close ups, taken some pics of the grandkids and it works beautifully with the in-built flash. Looking forward to using it more extensively in the weeks to come as I'm almost back on my feet :eek:j: Off on holiday end of the month and it'll get a decent work out I'm sure.

mikedefacto

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
Liverpool
AKA
Mike
I picked up a Nikon D300s on saturday, for a very good price and in practically new condition. Also picked up a 35mm f1.8 DX nikkor to put on it. A lovely combination, looking forward to expanding my Flickr pages (next stop is a new laptop to replace my dead PC)

folkboy

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 5, 2011
Southend
AKA
Jon
Picked up a Nikon 55-200mm for £59.99 from the currys-pcworld eBay shop. Box is marked as opened, but is mint and has the lens cap, hood and bag in the box. They've sold 418 of these so far, and here's the link, if you're interested.

Before this I didn't own a lens longer than 135mm (an old Nikon Series E prime), and for £60 as new, it made way more sense than a second hand one for at least the same money.

Lens is sharp, AF is as slow as reported online and it's not the VR model. All in, a useful addition to my kit.

tkimages

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 14, 2006
St Helens
AKA
Tillman
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I bought a Giottos Vitruvian 8225 travel tripod to take with me on our USA road trip. Very small and very light (carbon fibre), easy to carry and I was quite surprised how stable it was fully extended with a 5D2 and 24-105L on it. It can be converted to a monopod, which I needed at the top of the Hancock Tower as monopods are allowed but tripods aren't. Managed to lose the camera plate after the first night, but fortunately there is a Calumet in Chicago and they managed to sort me out with something to tide me over until I got home.

Bought the tripod from Wilkinson Cameras in Preston, great price, about £40 less than WEX. Wished I'd known about Calumet in Chicago before I went, the equivalent tripod was about £90 less than I paid in the UK and I got it cheap!

122837.jpg

B

BD Audio

I've just flogged a weekend/project car I never used and blown the cash on a 6D, a Canon 50mm F1.2L Prime and a 17-40mm F4L. :cool:

Gromit

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2006
Yellowbellyshire
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Recently did a deal for a minty/boxed/low shutter count Canon 5D MkII body, hope to collect this in July - happy days.
Sweet. :)

I recently bought one of these, and as chuffed as a chuffing chuffed thing...

MyEquipment-18-L.jpg

Gromit

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2006
Yellowbellyshire
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hmmmmm lovely choice of Canon 'L' glass ware Richard, if you get bored with it post it over please..............haha.
Will do Pete. :)

Been doing some sums today - if I could sell my 40D I'd be up for a deal against your Mk1 against my 17-40. Then, I'd go for a 24-105L. That's only if I could get a guaranteed sale on my 40 though. <aplogies for slight thread-hijack>

B

BD Audio

Poor Mrs Dur thought she was getting some new kitchen cupboards... :sofa:

Brumjam

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 19, 2009
Birmingham
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've just flogged a weekend/project car I never used and blown the cash on a 6D, a Canon 50mm F1.2L Prime and a 17-40mm F4L. :cool:
Very nice Jack. 50mm 1.2L is a wonder lens for portraits.

B

BD Audio

Cheers guys, I agonised for ages about selling that car but in the end I never drove it and I'm always dicking about with cameras these days.

I really love messing about in low light too so no brainer I suppose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online