Naga dethroned/ where's good to buy hot sauce online?

NAM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
AKA
Neil
This is apparently old news (June last year) but the naga has been ousted as the worlds hottest chilli by the Moruga Scorpion from Trinidad.

Anyone tried any Moruga hot sauces they'd recommend? Anyone got any general recommendations for good online stores to buy hot sauce?

JezR

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 3, 2009
Brighton, UK
AKA
Jez
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My local chilli shop in Brighton sells a Moruga based sauce called (You Stupid C--t Hot Sauce) I haven't tried it, i tend to stay away from extract based sauce's.

http://www.chillipepperpete.com/products/Snack_Jockey_Foods/You_Stupid_C--t_Hot_Sauce_-_150ml.html

They do their own brand of sauce's as well, my favorite is (Naga Headhunter Chilli Sauce)

http://www.chillipepperpete.com/products/Chillipepperpete/Naga_Headhunter_Chilli_Sauce_-_140ml.html

Lots of other goodies there as well and online shopping.

Leonard Smalls

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Shropshire Borders,
I don't get on with the stupid sauces so much. A bottle of Dave's Insanity I had lasted for about 8 years - half a teaspoon was enough to make things uncomfortable hot. I've got a bottle of 999 which isn't quite as daft, but still rather over the top.

Favourite that is actually edible is Jonkanoo by Walkerswood, which is Scotch Bonnet based.

NAM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
AKA
Neil
Thanks guys. No, i dont't like extract-containing sauces either. Which means i generally avoid.sauces with comedy colon-pun based names or with words like insanity in their name :p If i were to try a moruga sauce it would have to be extractless....it doesn't sound like it would need it apart from anything else. Mr Vikkis naga-based pickles are excellent despite being very hot!

Ozexpat

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
the brewhouse
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm one for adding chillis rather than extract. Sometimes it goes wrong but ultimately, unless you are struggling with proving your manhood and need to continuously prove something, it is better and tastier.

NAM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
AKA
Neil
For me, habaneros, scotch bonnets and naga are particularly tasty and unique chillis....being able to enjoy their heat means being able to enjoy more and more of their flavour. Therefore i have zero interest in extracts. A salsa made with scotch bonnets is lovely if you can stand the heat.

ray70

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 2, 2005
Sitting here reading the Wam, supping a pint of Badger bitter and waiting for a lamb naga bhuna to be delivered. Life is good!

NAM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
AKA
Neil
I was about to shove a Pizza in the oven (home alone this weekend) and because of this thread I've just ordered a Naga Takeaway from my curry house. :^
I've never seen naga mentioned in takeaways up here...Scotland is obviously lagging behind

- - - Updated - - -

:^ thanks fr the tip.
If you need recommendations to make your order up to the £45 for free delivery on the Mr Vikkis site just let me know :p ;-) I've tried A LOT of their products :D

- - - Updated - - -

Great, thanks!

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
It's all Scotch Bonnet up there North of the wall ....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.