Naim Uniti Atom

hermano

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 1, 2013
Just seen a Naim Uniti Atom for sale (cheap) locally but unsure if I would get the use of it? Currently use RPi4 running LMS with usb into dac, and have hard drives attached to Pi.

From what I read the Atom can only 'cope' with around 20,000 tracks from hard drive (my Pi currently has in excess of 100k).

Is that 20, 000 tracks for the Atom just Naim playing safe? Can it handle large hard drives with many more tracks? (I don't want to go down the Nas drive road).

If I left the Pi running LMS (with my hard drive attached) would the Uniti be able to 'play' from that?

Any thoughts?

hermano

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 1, 2013
Cheers anyway...the Atom has now been sold...was going for £350 which I thought a bargain but couldn't work ot if it would suit me....guess it wasn't meant to be.

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cheers anyway...the Atom has now been sold...was going for £350 which I thought a bargain but couldn't work ot if it would suit me....guess it wasn't meant to be.
Sounds suspiciously cheap, but as you say maybe it wasn’t meant to be. (I told myself the same recently when I hesitated on a rare CD player!)

Reactions: hermano

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles