Status Unknown
Wammer
Aug 4, 2018
North Warwickshire
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Neurochrome 686 power amplifier. 240 watts/8ohms. Class A/B. Dual mono, balanced inputs only, dual speaker outputs, and built by Joe Henry in the UK. No box. Weighs 30kg.

In mint condition. Purchased in September 2021, direct from Joe.

£1700 - Collection only from near Coventry. Payment via Bank Transfer.

wNVyKfz.jpg

Pn7BUZB.jpg

iJ2z27S.jpg

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
joes stuff is just superb ..my jh amps just go on and on .silent , reliable and soubd great .lots of chat on audio addicts and aos about neurochrome amps

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ive done a bit of amateur couriering for Ian in the past and it has taken me to his gaff where Ive heard this particular amp driving a pair of Concept standmounts (the ones that are deeper than they are tall).
Ian was rightly proud of this system and I'm just wondering if he has resurrected a delicious looking valve amp that was partly hidden away in a corner that caught my eye....

Ian's a terrific guy and will be a pleasure to deal with.

I, too, have a 'Joe Henry' (an F5) and it just gets on with the job..

Jack NSM

Needless to say I'd be glad to help out with transport.

Jack NSM

ian917

Status Unknown
Wammer
Aug 4, 2018
North Warwickshire
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ive done a bit of amateur couriering for Ian in the past and it has taken me to his gaff where Ive heard this particular amp driving a pair of Concept standmounts (the ones that are deeper than they are tall).
Ian was rightly proud of this system and I'm just wondering if he has resurrected a delicious looking valve amp that was partly hidden away in a corner that caught my eye....

Ian's a terrific guy and will be a pleasure to deal with.

I, too, have a 'Joe Henry' (an F5) and it just gets on with the job..

Jack NSM

Needless to say I'd be glad to help out with transport.

Jack NSM
Thanks for the kind comments Jack. The amp is extremely well-built and you'll struggle to even get the parts for the price that I'm asking for it.

The speakers were Q Acoustics Concept 300 (on sale here too!).

Sadly, the Triode Corporation TRV-845SE (https://highfidelity.pl/@main-117&lang=en) is still awaiting a slot for repair. I even have an unused set of Psvane T-MII/2 valves for it - A trio of triodes: 845, 2A3, and 6SN7.

I'm currently using an F6 and a DCB1 preamp built by a friend on another forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.