New Alfa

E

earl of sodbury

it is a crying shame that they're so unreliable...

Alfa-Romeo-Brera-0001.jpg

Lucifer

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
, ,
It's a shame that the performance is wasted on these roads. Nicely designed lady but is she reliable?

gsrai

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Black Country
AKA
Gobind
I so nearly got the new 157 but in the end bottled it and ordered the Lexus IS - I wanted to see my car more times than the dealer did.

Having said that I'm in love with the 8C and so want a Brera (not sure I like that 147 earleir on).

E

earl of sodbury

Jezzer wrote:

Just so goddam motherfu*king beautiful!
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif
sad.png
Dammright - prefer this to the elegant but distinctly retro next-gen Alfas - been a sucker for the triple-headlamp since the days of the ZR/T Zagato...
icon_redface.gif.eb51a1f92a0314cdfc14dd3cb4473da1.gif

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
HiFiWigWam wrote:

Just thought I'd post this piccie again:
Alfa-Romeo-Brera-0001.jpg
Ah yes, that's the Brera concept. The actual production model isn't quite as attractive...

Alfa-Brera-1_high.jpg

Tons of Fun

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 26, 2006
Concrete cow funland
AKA
Ed
Testure wrote:

There's always the SZ - love or hate styling ........ me like
wink.png
800px-Alfa_Romeo_SZ.JPG
I've wanted one since I was eleven years old. I know that the handling is tricky when provoked and that it is made of plastic but even if we ran out of oil tomorrow, I'd wheel it out the garage just to look at it.

Sadly the closest I've come to driving one is;

supercars2.gif

sad.png

Testure

Clean gloves hide dirty hands
Wammer Plus
Jul 21, 2005
West London/ Watford
AKA
Testy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Tons of Fun wrote:

Testure wrote:
wink.png
800px-Alfa_Romeo_SZ.JPG
I've wanted one since I was eleven years old. I know that the handling is tricky when provoked and that it is made of plastic but even if we ran out of oil tomorrow, I'd wheel it out the garage just to look at it.

Sadly the closest I've come to driving one is;

supercars2.gif

sad.png
If you've got £15,000 there's one going for sale in a classic dealers near me
wink.png

Though I don't think it's got this spec
tongue.png

alfa.jpg

HoopsOnToast

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 6, 2006
Oxfordshire
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Testure wrote:

wink.png
800px-Alfa_Romeo_SZ.JPG
well at least you would never have to take children in it, scare them sh*tless, eats kids for breakfast then entertains the rich in the evening
biggrin.png
bet the V8 sounds good!

whereas the 8C would charm you into a drive on some big steep hill in italy somewhere, with a goregous young italian virgin in the passenger seat, you would be top of the world then breaks would fail and you would fly off the road and die in a big fireball (italian job stylee), whata way to go.
tongue.png

(or stuck on the side of the M25 going to work at 8am in the rain broken down, i think its more likely)

Testure

Clean gloves hide dirty hands
Wammer Plus
Jul 21, 2005
West London/ Watford
AKA
Testy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Tons of Fun wrote:

TannoyBoy wrote:
well at least you would never have to take children in it, scare them sh*tless, eats kids for breakfast then entertains the rich in the evening
biggrin.png

bet the V8 sounds good!
[pedant] 3 litre V6 [/pedant].
True, but it sounds more like a growling V8:)

E

earl of sodbury

Testure wrote:

wink.png
800px-Alfa_Romeo_SZ.JPG
That's the one (got my letters mixed-up) - personally I love it
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif
Proper MMM! (MaleMenopauseMobile)

subterranean-alien

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Lancashire, , United
AKA
Stu
Just seen this thread, seems alot of Alfa hatred!

I have a company 156, an 03 thats just hit 102k. The only trouble Ive had is that it was nicked and run on false plates by a drug-dealer in Liverpool until the police caught them in a chase and the garage (who are the worse in the business) who have cross-threaded a water-pipe, didnt tighten the cam-belt properly when it was changed, broke a lamp, dented my wing, fit cheap brakes, left a screwdriver under the bonnet.....the list goes on. Saying that, the car has never missed a beat! Although it does love the black stuff (a common trait of the twin spark engine).

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
subterranean-alien wrote:

Just seen this thread, seems alot of Alfa hatred!I have a company 156, an 03 thats just hit 102k. The only trouble Ive had is that it was nicked and run on false plates by a drug-dealer in Liverpool until the police caught them in a chase and the garage (who are the worse in the business) who have cross-threaded a water-pipe, didnt tighten the cam-belt properly when it was changed, broke a lamp, dented my wing, fit cheap brakes, left a screwdriver under the bonnet.....the list goes on. Saying that, the car has never missed a beat! Although it does love the black stuff (a common trait of the twin spark engine).
I think it's an absolute miracle that you have an Alfa that's done 102 problem-free miles.

Funny thing is, I had a call from Alfa customer services last week. Asked me how I felt about my recent Alfa 147 experience (where I had to fork out 2.5k on repairs due to a failed water pump).

I didn't have a go but I did tell him, having owned two and having had problems with both, I wasn't ever going to buy another Alfa ever (ever) again.

He went on to say it's a shame I sold my Alfa because, had I still owned it, he would've perhaps been able to provide some compensation....

subterranean-alien

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Lancashire, , United
AKA
Stu
Jezzer wrote:

subterranean-alien wrote:
Just seen this thread, seems alot of Alfa hatred!I have a company 156, an 03 thats just hit 102k. The only trouble Ive had is that it was nicked and run on false plates by a drug-dealer in Liverpool until the police caught them in a chase and the garage (who are the worse in the business) who have cross-threaded a water-pipe, didnt tighten the cam-belt properly when it was changed, broke a lamp, dented my wing, fit cheap brakes, left a screwdriver under the bonnet.....the list goes on. Saying that, the car has never missed a beat! Although it does love the black stuff (a common trait of the twin spark engine).
I think it's an absolute miracle that you have an Alfa that's done 102 problem-free miles.

Funny thing is, I had a call from Alfa customer services last week. Asked me how I felt about my recent Alfa 147 experience (where I had to fork out 2.5k on repairs due to a failed water pump).

I didn't have a go but I did tell him, having owned two and having had problems with both, I wasn't ever going to buy another Alfa ever (ever) again.

He went on to say it's a shame I sold my Alfa because, had I still owned it, he would've perhaps been able to provide some compensation....
Yes, Im very lucky and count my blessings everyday. Thing is, the company leased quite a few Alfa's and mine is the last one standing!! We've had gearboxes, axles, water-pumps, you name it its failed........on all the others, all 147's I might add. Mine just doesnt miss a beat, not a single noise from the interior, the leather still looks new and only the steering wheel is showing signs of the miles. If it wasnt for the garage being so awful it would be a faultless showing!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online