toprepairman

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 6, 2010
Surrey
AKA
Henry
That's a curious looking animal.

Valve input and driver with FET outputs?

Whats the problem with the volume pot?

bmtell

Wammer
Wammer
May 9, 2010
Northampton
AKA
Mark
The Copland in the classifieds would a nice alternative. I had one a few years ago and they are very good.

And there's no fucking about with dual volume pots.

wammer

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 26, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That's a curious looking animal.Valve input and driver with FET outputs?

Whats the problem with the volume pot?
Croft uses 2 one for each channel having had his amps before you sometimes set it up and listen no problem other times they system does your head in and you keep messing with them

- - - Updated - - -

I hope it is adequately sterile.
funny you should say that long time ago one of his amps blew up when switched on in a shop "cats piss"

- - - Updated - - -

The Copland in the classifieds would a nice alternative. I had one a few years ago and they are very good.And there's no fucking about with dual volume pots.
had a couple and there cd player nice but not me

Tenson

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 2, 2006
If you like characterful stuff, why not get a vintage valve amp and do it up a bit?

wammer

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 26, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Welcome back Dave:nuts:Whats wrong with the Zen?
Nothing its a great amp one of the best suppose I could bi amp and go from 2 to 6 watts ch............ coming on here just gets you hankering after kit

pmac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2005
Nothing its a great amp one of the best suppose I could bi amp and go from 2 to 6 watts ch............ coming on here just gets you hankering after kit
What happened to your t/t Dave?

Clearaudio, IIRC :?

wammer

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 26, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If you like characterful stuff, why not get a vintage valve amp and do it up a bit?
done that with 1,000 amps (at least few still in use by wammers) quad chord red rose croft audio ect ect

wammer

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 26, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What happened to your t/t Dave?Clearaudio, IIRC :?
had 2 clearaudio one was about 2k the other silly money both sold have a hand tremor and sight problems so tt went

pmac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2005
had 2 clearaudio one was about 2k the other silly money both sold have a hand tremor and sight problems so tt went
Shame, but what fits is what's best :^

Carpets, on the other hand...........

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Welcome home Dave.

Nowt wrong with tube pre and FET output, however, dual mono pots drive me insane. Pointless and fiddly as hell. Stereo pot and (if required) a balance pot for me every day.

Shame to see you TT less though. Why not something cheap and cheerful for the odd excursion into vinyl? You know it makes sense. Especially as, many years ago, you were the driving force here that pushed me back into vinyl and a serious front end system. Something for which I am in your debt (though not as much as I am in Barclays' debt).

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Bloody hell, it's Whitter, of the Dave variety. :shock:

I'd assumed you had finally parted from this mortal coil and gone to your reward. :RIP:

Nice to see that you haven't. :)

M

MJ.

Shame to see you TT less though. Why not something cheap and cheerful for the odd excursion into vinyl? You know it makes sense.
Even betterer, how about a cheap fully automatic TT. Just chuck a bit of vinyl on at the start and take it off at the end. Might work.

Bourney

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2006
stoke on trent
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ps I'm intrigued about the croft integrated too. I'm sure those volume knobs would piss me off though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oindnsh3