Linn Owners

New Aro (from Naim Solstice) vs Linn arms

NL.

Wammer
Jan 8, 2019
Belgrade, Serbia
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Now when new Linn Arko has arrived, I wander how an unipivot arm would cope with it.

I still have my old specs Akurate LP12 and I would like to upgrade it to the latest Selekt spec. But whilst considering this upgrade, I started to think of alternative options - and Naim Aro crossed my mind :) Is this new Aro now available for LP12 anyway? I know Roksan Nima or even higher models could be fitted, but my eyes catch this new Aro :)

Last edited:

NL.

Wammer
Jan 8, 2019
Belgrade, Serbia
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Btw somebody told me LP12 arms have to be lighter compering to some other arms, because LP12 sub-chassis/springs mechanism shouldn’t be loaded with much weight…

audio_PHIL_e

audioPHILe
Wammer
Jul 21, 2020
The wrong planet
soundcloud.com
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Now when new Linn Arko has arrived, I wander how an unipivot arm would cope with it.

I still have my old specs Akurate LP12 and I would like to upgrade it to the latest Selekt spec. But whilst considering this upgrade, I started to think of alternative options - and Naim Aro crossed my mind :) Is this new Aro now available for LP12 anyway? I now Roksan Nima or even higher models could be fitted, but my eyes catch this new Aro :)
I've had an LP12 since (probably) 2000, the dealers supplied it fitted with an Aro tonearm, a Dynavector cartridge, an Armageddon PSU, and a Tom Evans microGroove phono stage. Apart from replacing the phono stage I'm still using the original kit and swear by it. It's wonderful :)

Coalboy68

Life in the fast Linn
Wammer
Dec 30, 2020
NE England
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Don’t think the new Aro fits the LP12 or is available separately, just got myself an old Aro and just waiting for my Aro kore, to build up my “bits” LP12 so can compare the klimax LP12 to the Aro’d version

MickC

Expert Thread Disruptor
Wammer
Oct 8, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Btw somebody told me LP12 arms have to be lighter compering to some other arms, because LP12 sub-chassis/springs mechanism shouldn’t be loaded with much weight…
I'm not sure that's the case - the Ekos SE is fairly heavy; I vaguely recall a comment a few years back that it was a similar weight to the SME V, which is no lightweight, but yes, the subchassis spring nearest the arm does have to be wound up further than the other two.

Mick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.