New pre amp?

E

Effem

icehockeyboy wrote:

Oh, Frank, when i can get away with it, i will stick one of your silver leads up it....how much better would one be over a Russ Abbot Classik with a wattgate?
How much better than a Russ Abbot Classick he asks? A firkin' dog lead is better than a Classick, or is it the other way round? Never can remember:green: :lmao: :raoflmfao:
whistling.gif.b56e45ab421c066833020c8ede98c081.gif

G

Effem wrote:

icehockeyboy wrote:
Oh, Frank, when i can get away with it, i will stick one of your silver leads up it....how much better would one be over a Russ Abbot Classik with a wattgate?
How much better than a Russ Abbot Classick he asks? A firkin' dog lead is better than a Classick, or is it the other way round? Never can remember:green: :lmao: :raoflmfao:
whistling.gif.b56e45ab421c066833020c8ede98c081.gif
great reply, russ who?:nerd:

G

icehockeyboy wrote:

gsrai wrote:
ICE DUDE I'm going to ask a radical question first.I know you say the Lyngdorf is better than the A3 but is there any ways in which it was worse (there is a reason for asking). I've been looking at loadsa' threads today and no one ever says "it's good but this wasn't so great...".

What I'm wondering is did the Lyngdorf just change things or is it actually better? Kinda of a "in the cold light of day..." question.

Secondly, you really have got to try a valve pre. I think the A3.2 is a stunning solid state preamp (not as good all round as my Nu-Vista but a lot more detailed) and I don't think you will get much better for sub £1k ;)but as I will be writing soon under reviews - valves are very very different.

My recent experience tells me that you will love the topend of valves, oh soperfect and voices have mass whilst soundstage is deeper (not as forward though). I'm undecided about bass yet.

I'm no valve expert but since you are dabbling do look into valve preamps - I'm sure loads of guys here know some good looking/sounding amps (I'm thinking of EAR as Shadow Audio have one of the 834 de luxe on ex dem).
Re cold light etc.........Nope! its getting even better! i would urge wammers to read the findings of the Hifi World blokes review, (ok, i know not to go on these, but most here agree HFW's reviews usually tell it like it is)....as far as their pre.....isnt their room correction jobby a pre amp? sells at around 3k tho'....remind folk about daughters Orthodontists bill.....accountants fee (robbing bastards arent they Gobind!!
biggrin.png
) and, even as i write its 2nd daughters birthday, and a very expensive meal for 4 in a posh stately home type restaurant has been demanded!( thank goodness 3rd daughter away at f*cking expensive boarding school in London, otherwise more expense for the meal)...Anyway, you know where im coming from!
biggrin.png
you are righ theA.3.2 M.F. IS A SUPERVE PRE-AMP, HAVING SAID THAT WISH I KEPT MY NU-VISTA PRE, LUCKY IF SOMEONE HAS ONE.:Upset:

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Come on then Onion, make me an offer on my A3.2 pre then!!
biggrin.png
.As it states in the ad, its only about 7 weeks old, pm me and ill explain how that is!

G

icehockeyboy wrote:

Come on then Onion, make me an offer on my A3.2 pre then!!
biggrin.png
.As it states in the ad, its only about 7 weeks old, pm me and ill explain how that is!
hi, i would but let me tell you what i have, t.t's:avid acutrus, sme 309, nu-vista 3d cdfp, kw 25 transport and dac, nu-vista m3 ite. for treble, nu-vista 300 power for bass,x-plora tuner,xlps+ xpsu phono stage, also pro-ject xpack t.t, i did have a 3.2 pre. regards. and thanks.
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

Emma Royd

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
May 10, 2006
Dartford
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've got a MF 3.2 pre and power and to me,they sound great,the pre is only a few months old £400.00 nos, inc postage.

G

NOS+ New Old Stock ie old stock no longer current, but box not opened, ever.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online