Linn Owners

New Selekt update downloading to Klimax Organik

Sound Man

Wammer
Aug 7, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Why does this new update download to my Klimax DSM3 Oganik when the details of download are for the new Selekt?

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Why does this new update download to my Klimax DSM3 Oganik when the details of download are for the new Selekt?
There’s an update for the KDSM/3 too. I’ve just installed it.

’troll

Moomintroll

Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Moomintroll, do you mean the KDSM/3 update is on the same Selekt download?
I’m not saying you haven’t identified an issue, but this release is applicable to all models - my SneakyDS updated too:

Davaar 97 Build 475 (4.97.475) Released on 08 Dec 2022Click to view more..​

• Fixed no audio when volume control is disabled and Organik line out cartridges are present in Selekt products
  • Fixes for Selekt (Premium and Classic) to address a number of potential issues with reprogramming updates
    • This update will need to be applied using latest version of Linn Konfig (4.37.168 or higher) if you have configured your device using Linn Konfig
    • If you have configured your device using Manage Systems, you may need to perform a 'Restore Speaker Factory Defaults' within Manage Systems after you have updated
  • Fixed issue with podcasts restarting from the beginning from paused (when invoked as a pin or a radio preset)
  • Fixed #7350: Surround Module: low bass with x.0 configurations
  • Fixed #8148: Spotify Connect volume jump when connecting to older DSes from an iOS 16 device.
  • Fixed #8159: Exakt devices failing to reboot under some update scenarios, which could result in no audio until DS is power cycled.
  • The on-device gateway server is now available for use with the new Linn Crestron module. Must be enabled in Konfig first.

Moomintroll

Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Does your KDSM/3 update successfully and work OK?

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was intrigued that the Konfig version it requires isn't released yet. Mine says its up to date yet is .167!

entdgc

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Congleton, England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After seeing this thread I opened Konfig and it immediately offered to update to .168. After it updated it offers an update to my KDS/1R. A new Konfig is often a part of an update process and updates usually apply to all devices even if the notes mention a specific DS variant.

Reactions: Moomintroll

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After seeing this thread I opened Konfig and it immediately offered to update to .168. After it updated it offers an update to my KDS/1R. A new Konfig is often a part of an update process and updates usually apply to all devices even if the notes mention a specific DS variant.
I'm obviously not worthy! Ive just tried again having read this.

But seriously, maybe because my Akurate doesn't need any of these tweaks? Still rather strange.

EDIT: closed Konfig and reopened. The update appears! Majik!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.