Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 6, 2007
NZ & loving it!
AKA
Graham
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
OK, so there isn't going to be a TVR Phoenix, but TVR looks set to rise from the ashes, yet again.

The TVRCC has spoke to both the former and new owners of TVR yesterday (Thursday 6th June) and it is confirmed that Nikolai Smolensky has sold the entirety of the TVR brand and all associated rights and assets to a British company.

Yippee! Overpowered plastic cars back on the road!

gjm

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 6, 2007
NZ & loving it!
AKA
Graham
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
????? Define overpowered?
Thee'n'me are members of that small minority where too much is never enough. ;-)

I was thinking of 19 year old overpaid footballing types, teenage pop ponces, and the like. Y'know - the ones who reverse through hedges at 80+ and then blame the car.

gjm

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 6, 2007
NZ & loving it!
AKA
Graham
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The new company is registered: TVR Motor Cars Ltd, Nettledowne, Orchard Road, Pratts Bottom, Kent, BR6 7NS.

That makes the director a gent by the name of James Davison.

RSand

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 25, 2012
Liverpool
AKA
Rob
Having test driven a 350c when it first came out it was the most fun you could have in a car with your pants on, too unreliable to buy it though. A shame really that they had such awful reliability issues

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
overpowered is when the engine torque, even without your foot on the floor, causes the chassis to flex, the suspension to be pushed to the stops (and stay there) the tyres to loose traction and that, coupled with steering which felt like paddling through porridge anyway, is not a great mix. A bit like sitting in fresh poo is not the best feeling in the world.

Black label bentleys and TVR's.

:)

gjm

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 6, 2007
NZ & loving it!
AKA
Graham
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
overpowered is when the engine torque, even without your foot on the floor, causes the chassis to flex, the suspension to be pushed to the stops (and stay there) the tyres to loose traction and that, coupled with steering which felt like paddling through porridge anyway, is not a great mix. A bit like sitting in fresh poo is not the best feeling in the world.Black label bentleys and TVR's.

:)
There are those who might suggest that 'testing' a TVR could lead to sitting in fresh poo... ;-)

Vinyl Art

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 13, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
3 companies all set up at about the same time, a chap called Les Edgar looks to be behind it all.

tkimages

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 14, 2006
St Helens
AKA
Tillman
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great to hear that they might make it back onto the roads. I've always lusted after one, but when I got one it was poo!! Mind you it was an ageing (C reg) 350i, each time it went wrong, it cost me £1000.

julian2002

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 15, 2005
Lakeside Wixams
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
3 companies all set up at about the same time, a chap called Les Edgar looks to be behind it all.
Les started Bullfrog back in the day with Peter moulinex err molyneux so if you loved populous, or any of the other early god games - that's your money going back into TVR.

Tons of Fun

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 26, 2006
Concrete cow funland
AKA
Ed
Smallad130611.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member