Newbie Intros

Andy Stephenson

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 8, 2022
North East England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The number of like's you got must have taken a lot of praiseworthy comments...wa-wa-we-wa!
I think I should add that because my knowledge of Hi Fi is very limited, certainly when compared to some of our more experienced contributors, I tend to haunt the less technical threads, usually in the Public Bar and music forums.
But I don't let that stop me posting if I do feel I have something to contribute. I'm glad to say that this is a friendly forum and, if I've ever been mistaken, I've never been shot down in flames or had the metaphorical seven shades of p*** taken out of me. Thanks lads!

Andy

martin_b

Wammer
Dec 2, 2023
The Surrey Hills
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi all, archetypal grumpy old man here.
Used my Uni grant to get my first system back in '76 ( and hence got my first job behind a bar). I will now bore you all by telling you how much better it was in my day, good music ended with the 90's, etc.etc..

Reactions: bigrod

Andy Stephenson

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 8, 2022
North East England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Used my Uni grant to get my first system back in '76 ( and hence got my first job behind a bar). I will now bore you all by telling you how much better it was in my day, good music ended with the 90's, etc.etc..
Welcome, you'll fit right in here with all the other grumpy old men ;)
For me, the eighties is when music went downhill. As ever this is a personal opinion and there'll be many who disagree.

Post your system details in the "What's your bits and bobs" thread and that'll help should you have any queries.

Andy

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi, and welcome Martin, plenty of grumpy old buggers here. Well, I know I'm getting more like my hero (Victor Meldrew) everyday.

Reactions: ClassikFan

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi, and welcome Martin, plenty of grumpy old buggers here. Well, I know I'm getting more like my hero (Victor Meldrew) everyday.
I though Victor was modelled on you, John? 😆

Welcome, Andy. Get stuck in - we don't bite (much). New viewpoints always welcomed!

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Absolutely
Welcome to the madness

warboys

Wammer
New Wammer
Apr 13, 2016
Afternoon all, although I'm apparently 'new' I'm actually a returner, having been on the community up until about 7 or 8 years ago, then dormants since, lost in the multi-channel AV abyss. Anyway, I'm back to 2 channel and glad to be back. I was hoping 2-channel life would be simpler, but surprise surprise, it's not the case...
Looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts on a wide range of subjects, and getting sage advice when needed. Thanks!!

Reactions: Ady

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi and welcome Jake.

Andy Stephenson

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 8, 2022
North East England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi, I guess I'm a youngster by usual hifi standards, I used to work in the trade a few years ago, not in sales, I was behind the scenes. But meant I was introduced to HiFi and got some great deals on kit.
Hey Jake, Welcome. It's always nice to have someone new with different points of view and experiences.

Andy

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think I should add that because my knowledge of Hi Fi is very limited, certainly when compared to some of our more experienced contributors, I tend to haunt the less technical threads, usually in the Public Bar and music forums.
But I don't let that stop me posting if I do feel I have something to contribute. I'm glad to say that this is a friendly forum and, if I've ever been mistaken, I've never been shot down in flames or had the metaphorical seven shades of p*** taken out of me. Thanks lads!

Andy
That could change in an instant Andy (but it won't)😝

• Haha
Reactions: Andy Stephenson

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi, I guess I'm a youngster by usual hifi standards, I used to work in the trade a few years ago, not in sales, I was behind the scenes. But meant I was introduced to HiFi and got some great deals on kit.
Hi Jake, Welcome to the wam mate it's good here but we're all old giffers so some young blood is welcome along with your vinyls fancy phones and bluteeth😝

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles